Does this look polished

Crystalwest

I see what bothers you, the white/lighter stuff in the large ground pontil. It does seem a little odd. If were polishing compound it would be easily removed with a wet toothbrush.
The marble is a nice one and it appears to me to have an original surface.
More opinions are needed and always welcomed.
Marble—On!!

Original surface IMO if that's dirt trapped in the pontil folds I found it nearly if not impossible to remove from my handmades but if it's polishing compound as Art says water and a toothbrush will remove it with a little elbow grease, oh yeah "nice mib"   :thup:

Doesn't look polished to me but to be sure you would need very well focused photos with high detail available so we can zoom in and use our screen in lieu of a loupe. You can see enough in these photos to know that it wasn't sphered or ground and polished, at least not the entire surface. 

10 hours ago, chicagocyclist said:

Nice and glittery. You can see in some of the reflections that there's like little ridges and things like that which would not be present if it was polished.  and the suggested lupe exam would really seal the deal.

I'm sorry I don't know whatna lupe exam is. Please do tell

Dale is suggesting you examine the surface using a jeweler's loupe. Myself, I am with Chuck and think that, at most, someone may have tried to hand-buff a shine on it. But I think the surface looks original from the views you show.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric said:

Dale is suggesting you examine the surface using a jeweler's loupe. Myself, I am with Chuck and think that, at most, someone may have tried to hand-buff a shine on it. But I think the surface looks original from the views you show.

Hand buffed is a great term here.

It is a nice marble with little work applied to the original finish.

Marble—On!!