Alley? Pelt?

Melissa

A lot of the marble makers turned out some very twisty, swirly looking marbles, most likely due to the rollers turning to fast or slow. This is where the (Yeng-Yang) swirl appeared and the (Rams head Chevron). These two i mentioned you will find more in Peltier than most other makers. Chuck G---

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

Rams Head Chevron?

I'm sure you've seen the pattern, Rick. Here is an example (Edna's marble @sissydear). I think this was from the D.A.S. True North Run. I probably have a Pelt or two with the trait but this was easier to find. 🙂

image.png.dd7b7fe5d8ce2c3d6ca1ee69e0c5aff7.png

• Like 4

Ric, has it dead on. In my early years i had found these examples and desiring more to know about (glass flow) i have had long extensive conversations with some collectors who have many years of understanding on this glass flow. Here is what i found out and makes more sense to me than anything. I will start with this, as Peltier produced (more) (yeng yangs) and "Rams Head Chevrons" than most other makers, even though i have mentioned before that other makers had some also, not many but they are out there, all the way to Jabos. North of the equator everything turns clock wise and so does glass when it streams out of the furnace, giving you this yeng yang pattern. What happens then to get this other twist? The marble as i was explained for some reason, may have paused or a slight interruption into the process which twisted it another direction. Some "Rams Head Chevrons have the same direction twist or have have an opposite directional twist. Ron Shepherd and I have had some very long talks about this, man do i miss him, especially as our show here approaches. This falls show (will be) dedicated to Ron. Chuck G---

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1