Big Dime box

Tommy

It's a good collectible box Tommy. Most I've seen contain Pennsboro Alleys but I think Pressman may have packaged other marbles in them too. Nice thing about the Big Dime Special is they often have a shooter in them. The Big Nickel Special box that looks identical but is half as thick doesn't usually have one. There is also a box with the same graphics and cut-outs labeled Big Shot Marbles.

I think the price is a bit high but they are getting harder and harder to find too and it looks to be in decent shape. Of course, one of the problems with boxes is that there's often no way to tell if all (or any) of the marbles are original to the box - one of the reasons I have many more bags than boxes.

🙂

• Award 1

Thanks Ric.  I was thinking the same thing about the marbles being original.  but I think I'll take a big dime special shot and go pick it up tomorrow I'll probably regret it if I don't lol..like ya say rhey are getting harder to find and I've got lots after Alleys to fill it if is back filled lol..

• Like 1

I agree they are getting harder to find. The price might be worth it if it has good mibs inside. Most or all of mine have later St. Mary's marbles in them, mostly duller ones with tan/cream bases and greys and transparents with a few solids too. Sometimes you find some nice ones in them though. 

• Award 1

2 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

Heck Yeah ! Did you grab the Beach Balls🔥

RAR

No..my preference is American machine made.. don't get me wrong I love a good handmade . I probably shoul have but 90 bucks seemed rich for me lol ....today..

If it were a bag of WV swirls...🤑

53 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They looked more modern, like cat eyes kinda and no pontil marks I could  see through the bag.

Yes, the bag would be modern compared to handmades, but still maybe vintage.  The beach ball style is a lovely German variation of the cat's eye family.   I have no idea what they typically  go for though.  I don't know if if I have a single one, much less a bag.  They're on my "would be nice" list.  

• Award 1