Super Rare Akro Agate Oxblood Ribbon/Pigtail

Looks decidedly modern to me.

Remember:  Most fakes usually have a big story that comes with them in order to remove suspicion and hesitation.  This one comes with a very big story.  The bigger the story - the bigger the inflation.

Cheesy fakes usually come with a big price too.  Some people can't resist the bait.

Just now, TheVacorFan said:

The "Oxblood" looks to be translucent and the marble looks iridescent. I'm not gonna outright say it's fake, but I'm suspicous of it being just that.

Sad that someone actually bought it if it is fake.  :(

9 minutes ago, Melissa said:

Akro pigtails are really a thing?  I had no idea Akro even made cats eye style marbles. 

It's not a cat's eye type marble . . . If I remember correctly, the Akro pigtails I have seen are like a wispy tight spiral, usually inside of a transparent spiral (Snake).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Melissa said:

Aren't jabo special runs like that 3/4 though?  Or do they make 5/8 runs too?

I have 90 5/8"  2009 JABO JOKER ULTRA OXBLOOD MARBLES. they're just about the same as the Blood Vipers but the base is a bit smokey versus clear colorless. Some will have blue and or white in them. Some like a ribbon some not.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Melissa said:

Aren't jabo special runs like that 3/4 though?  Or do they make 5/8 runs too?

It's important to remember that there are often "outliers" in every marble run, and that could include size, structure, color(s) or any combination thereof. I've seen Jorkscrews fool well seasoned Akro collectors.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Alan said:

Remember:  Most fakes usually have a big story that comes with them in order to remove suspicion and hesitation.  This one with a big story.  The bigger the story - the bigger the inflation.

Cheesy fakes usually come with a big price too.  Some people can't resist the bait.

Which Nails Cliffy's style, every time .;)

58 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

I have 90 5/8"  2009 JABO JOKER ULTRA OXBLOOD MARBLES. they're just about the same as the Blood Vipers but the base is a bit smokey versus clear colorless. Some will have blue and or white in them. Some like a ribbon some not.

Thank you for your help! :)