Worst thing you’ve ever had to eat

Fire1981

• 1 month later...

I have had Menudo and while it wasn't my favorite thing, it was far from the worst.

I am not picky about food, in general, but there are two things I've tried that I would not allow within one foot of my lips again:

1) Swedish Lutefisk

2) Chinese Century Egg

I do understand that some people enjoy these things but the texture and taste of each induced an immediate gag reflex for me.

It's hard for me to even imagine that some person tried these things for the first time, either purposefully or accidentally, and then thought, "MMMmmm, I would really like more of that".

I can only believe that they were literally starving. I shudder just thinking about it.

• Haha 2

Sushi was by far the worst for me. It looks very good but tastes terrible. 🤢My first experience trying it was in a restaurant and I gagged the entire time. It was very embarrassing. 

On 4/9/2024 at 4:48 PM, B-rett66 said:

peanut butter and horseradish sandwich. 

Now that sounds good-I grow my own Horseradish in a 1/3 cut plastic barrel so it will not spread all over.

The smaller roots from this year always come back the next year. I have to cover it in the winter, believe it or not Deer love Horseradish and have dug it up.
I wish that I could figure out a way to keep it hot longer—I just love that stuff!

• Like 1

Man, I remember these God awful chicken patties from back when I was in my early 20's....can't recall the brand name but man, my brother in law and I ate some and 🤮

We forever dubbed them chicken s*** with crust

Let's go most recent....remember Moon Pies back in the day? Well, they are still around. 

Back in the good old days, they were quite large, and actually pretty good. Well, I picked some up last week thinking "cool, don't see these around"...

Strike one- they didn't have that smell when you unwrapped them.

Strike two- they have shrunk from softball size too below baseball size.

And Strike three? After it crumbled apart in my hand trying to take a bite, it was like chewing on a rubber ball 😐

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, William said:

Let's go most recent....remember Moon Pies back in the day? Well, they are still around. 

Back in the good old days, they were quite large, and actually pretty good. Well, I picked some up last week thinking "cool, don't see these around"...

Strike one- they didn't have that smell when you unwrapped them.

Strike two- they have shrunk from softball size too below baseball size.

And Strike three? After it crumbled apart in my hand trying to take a bite, it was like chewing on a rubber ball 😐

Did you buy them at the Dollar Store?😆😆

we just bought chocolate and banana today, haven’t opened them yet.

• Haha 1

I got lemon from the dollar store, blueberry from an Amish store, and pumpkin spice from a clearance rack at a grocery store.

The lemon and blueberry ones were quite good.  The expired pumpkin spice was rubber-ball-like, but I'm still glad I tried them.  

4 hours ago, Steph said:

I got lemon from the dollar store, blueberry from an Amish store, and pumpkin spice from a clearance rack at a grocery store.

The lemon and blueberry ones were quite good.  The expired pumpkin spice was rubber-ball-like, but I'm still glad I tried them.  

Wow, the rubber ball effect doesn't take long to set in...the expiration date on mine was OK when I got them but a week past when I tried them. So much for preservatives? I had the lemon 🍋 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, schmoozer said:

Did you buy them at the Dollar Store?😆😆

we just bought chocolate and banana today, haven’t opened them yet.

Use caution if at or a little past the date. Maybe drop one on the floor and see what happens 😎

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, William said:

Use caution if at or a little past the date. Maybe drop one on the floor and see what happens 😎

Expires in a few months, but the chocolate pie was very good.

we primarily shop for cards and dog treats. $1.25 vs $9.00 at Petsmart.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

Funny you would comment back just now. Like 1 hour ago, I got home from work and the first question that I was asked?

"Why are those moon pies on the garbage" 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

But, indeed though, I go there for a handful of things VS. Going to the bigger stores also 👍😎