Worst thing you’ve ever had to eat

Fire1981

OK ! Cast aside the dried out lima beans your Mom made you eat at the dinner table. When I was a Smoke Jumper we always had the Friday Flip. Usually you buy in for a dollar. I’m not going to go into too many details on how it works but you flip a Quarter and hope you always hit heads or you’re out. Tonight’s Friday Night Flip wins? A can of snake soup in a can from Thailand. Yep ! Campbell Soup in a can style and you have to open it and eat it out of the can. Yep ! I won. Imagine that. So here I go! We’re all looking at it and it’s not going well. Rigs🤮, Togi 🤮and pretty soon 6 out of 10 Jumpers 🤮on the tarmac. I said screw it. I stuck the fork I was provided with and dove in. One huge mouthful. Chew, chew and chew. I have witnesses I swallowed some of it. I just earned right of passage. “Dink” grabbed the can and put it in the least popular Jumper’s helmet. I never 🤮 ! Who’s next 🔥

RAR 

• Haha 1

Canned hot flavored "Rotten sardines" I was in the Hospital within 2 hours after eating them getting my stomach pumped. Severe seafood poisoning. Mmm, Mm violently lip smackin good.

A birthday cake I made where I accidentally used 1.5 cups of salt instead of sugar.  Not my kitchen. Please label your plastic dry goods containers when transferring bulk products for storage.  Cake looked gorgeous but.... what a shock.  GOT MILK?  LOL

• Haha 1

I have been known to eat anything. Nothing rottin though. I have several stories but I'll just tell one tonight. Several years ago we had an awesome youth pastor. There was something super special about him that attacted kids like no other. He was truely a man of GOD and I miss him.  Once he challenged the kids to a contest. If they could get the youth attendance to 250 he would eat or drink anything they could put in a quart jar. It had to be edible and not rotten. The kids went WILD and smoked the 250 attendance mark by 20 or 30. They started with vinagar, coffee grounds, sardines, butter milk, olive oil, mayo and a raw egg. to make it easy to get down they blended it and poured it into the quart jar. If your wondering, yes there was more than a quart. We put the rest in another quart jar and to fill it up we put cottage cheese and a can of oysters. The pastor drank every drop.  He gaged and choked but he got her down. The kids wanted him to down the other one but he said he fulfilled his promise. Looking at me he said, "You know it's a sin to waste food" so I picked it up and in one chug I put it away. It really wasn't bad.   

• Haha 1

While I was drinking my jar it got quite. They all knew I was gonna puke. When I came up for air the place erupted. I was just a lowly, mild mannered Wednesday night helper/ secuitry / keep the peace guy. After that I was "THE BOSS."  

Very early on in our career, my wife, who is a good cook, made a tuna fish omelet.
Now, I love tuna from a can (in water, I could wolf down a can-full right now) and I do love an omelet for sure. 
This was the combo from hell below-🤢. I still tease her about it and it was about 47 years ago.
Live and learn for sure.

All of this is NUTZ!  Here’s a great idea we came up in College. Buy Nightcrawler at the local bait shop. Take them back to the dorm and squeeze all the 💩 out of them. And put them in a pint of Tequila. Here’s how it works. One worm in the bottle for each person stupid enough to try this. We had 8. So yep ! You have to eat a worm on your first hit on the pint. I didn’t hesitate! Bang! I went and sucked that first one out of bottle without truly hitting the bottle hard and swallowed it whole….no chewing. Beer chasers were allowed. So…..6 🤮 ! Worm and all on the floor. Pike and I just smirked….grabbed bottle and went to my room. My next worm will be in a Dirty Martin right there next to my olive🔥

RAR

• Haha 1

A few years back my building manager returned a business trip from China. He had a can of something. He didn’t know what it was because it was labeled in Chinese. He said he would open it up if someone would try it with him. Well, guess who they asked. Come to find out they were either moth larvae or silkworm larvae. The picture is silk larvae, but the ones that I ate were darker. The can was just like a sardine can and I ate the whole thing. No one else would even try them. Later that day I developed some cool ninja moves. 

IMG_0304.jpeg

• Haha 3

Frog legs were my final foray into trying unfamiliar kinds of meat.  

It wasn't the taste which turned me off.  It was the fact that I could feel every single individual muscle and couldn't forget I was eating a small animal's leg.

If I were in Asia, I know I'd at least be willing to taste new things.   But what are the odds I'll ever be in Asia?    My bucket list is very short.  The only other foreign country I'm hoping still to make it to is Canada.  :P

• Like 2

Dried up frozen lima beans. The ones that taste like green paste. Man ! One of Grandma's had it dialed in. Famous sweet rolls, popcorn balls and peanut brittle no one in the family could match. My Lima Bean Grandma's specialties were...!!! Chef Boyardee Ravioli, Campbell's cream of mushroom or asparagus and orange Circus Peanuts for dessert. Uuuuuugh

RAR

On 3/21/2024 at 8:46 PM, Peltier Mibber said:

Sea Urchin and a mystery meat on a work trip in China.

“Uni” is the worst sushi. Got my son to try it, he almost barfed in the restaurant. I fell off my chair laughing.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 9:17 AM, Steph said:

Frog legs were my final foray into trying unfamiliar kinds of meat.  

While my wife was pregnant with our first boy we went to a not so local restaurant for our anniversary.
She ordered a seafood platter—surprise---one item on the platter had bones involved, like chicken bones.
They turned out to be “Frog Legs”. They grossed her out—I munched them up—lol.
Frog legs --on!!