The jar

schmoozer

The Carnival is going to Dani Kirk for auction on her FB private site. 3.8K members, so it should be interesting.

I have a personal firewall: when people bring me marbles to help identify, I will not make an offer to buy. This way they know I am being honest and aboveboard.

On 4/29/2024 at 2:20 PM, schmoozer said:

Met a nice lady at the last antique show.

Back off my marble collecting friend!

The one that you want is not worth it. it has some folds as far as I can seen--not mint but maybe mint with folds if that is a thing?

On 4/29/2024 at 5:17 PM, schmoozer said:

She wants to sell it but I have no idea on current values. Told her it could be $500?

The rest may be worth $100 imho.

Marble--On!!

I'd pass at 500. I agree, the Carnival isn't ideal condition-wise. I might pay 300 for the whole jar but I'm a little picky these days. There are some nice marbles in there and pieced out one at a time, they could get 500 but that takes time and time is money, and you don't buy a jar of marbles for individual retail under normal circumstances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

Back off my marble collecting friend!

The one that you want is not worth it. it has some folds as far as I can seen--not mint but maybe mint with folds if that is a thing?

The rest may be worth $100 imho.

Marble--On!!

Mint “as-made”. No pocket wear, chips, or fractures that I can see.

I don’t participate in the “grading game”, I’ve never bought a marble based on grade. We’ll see how Dani grades it.

99.9% of my mibs are found in the wild.

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Mine are also 99% wild finds except when I buy from Dani some of her lots are sic

Time will tell where it ends up.

22 hours ago, Tommy said:

Mine are also 99% wild finds except when I buy from Dani some of her lots are sic

Keep your eyes peeled this weekend😏

• Haha 1