Not all oxblood is from Akro even when it looks like Akro?

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I almost hate to say it but similar marbles were made in a JABO contract run.

lol... it's not like you're giving me bad news. If I had known about JABOS like this I would bought a box!

1 hour ago, cheese said:

Did JABO make some like this in 5/8? I would have put this with my Alleys but the oxblood on white marbles can be pretty tough.

It was Ed Parson's Furnace Wash (2010) - there were a bunch with ox and green on white, and the coverage and patterns were highly variable. I think the base glass is the tell. This might be a "weak" one.

25 minutes ago, rockgardenplants said:

lol... it's not like you're giving me bad news. If I had known about JABOS like this I would bought a box!

This one could be for sale. 🙂

Ric397.jpg.331094589d322da441842d3986cd1

• Like 1

It would make sense for it to be a JABO. The lot that I purchased had new and vintage.

I can spot an oxblood JABO (amateur level) and my Dad (formerly gremlin*** on ebay) bought a fair number of them just for their amazing looks.

6 hours ago, cheese said:

I see the JABO pattern in the box set, much simpler than the pattern in the OP marble IMO. 

The patterns, colors and coverage from this run varies like crazy - Ed got really creative with them. I've  seen variants without any green that look so Akro or Alley it's scary.

There are Akro Christmas Trees with this color green and a few Akro oxblood patches as well.
I do not think that it is an Akro though.
I will lean towards Alley here—nice marble regardless of the ID.
These ox on white swirls can be hard for sure.
Marble—On!!

This is one of my Jabo oxbloods.  I don't know what other colors might have been in other marbles from this run.    I chose this particular marble because it compared so well with Akro.

JaboSilverOxblood35_sm.jpg.575ab010f0997

• Wow 1

Actually now that I think of it, I got one or two others with this one.  I need to find them

I suspect I would find some traces of green.  I suspect that's why I have this single shot ready at hand and not the group photo.  I was trying to make the Akro-lookalike point.  Having other colors showing would have muddied the illusion.  

• Award 1

5 hours ago, Steph said:

This is one of my Jabo oxbloods.  I don't know what other colors might have been in other marbles from this run.    I chose this particular marble because it compared so well with Akro.

Nice marble, Steph. Do you know which run its from?