Mostly Pix - Peltier

Steph

I think half the fun of collecting marbles is finding those examples, common or valuable or not, that just come together in unexpected and interesting, and uncommon ways.  This  one looks different from all sorts of angles.  john

1700raw2 copy.jpg

Three beyond filthy Champion Jr bags turned up. I'm guessing they've been kept in a shed or very dusty attic. This is after giving them a gentle brush with a soft paintbrush trying to clean up the one with the intact label with a damp cloth:

champion jr pelt.jpg

I shall keep the one on the left intact, but don't feel any guilt about opening the other two.

champion jr bag.jpg

Just for the record, I note these are Marble Kings.

Glad to see them in the thread though -- it's good to have the examples of the cross-over packaging.  

Close relationship between the Peltier owners and Berry Pink of Marble King.

1 hour ago, Steph said:

Just for the record, I note these are Marble Kings.

Glad to see them in the thread though -- it's good to have the examples of the cross-over packaging.  

Close relationship between the Peltier owners and Berry Pink of Marble King.

Thanks - I don't have any marble king bags to compare to and I'm struggling to tell 4 vanes apart.

8 hours ago, J_Ding said:

Those Pelt red slags are pretty enough.  I don't see too many of these; I'd say a few condition issues is just fine in my book.

The camera is quite cruel to them to highlighting every flaw that doesn't stand out that strongly in the hand. Some is handling/play but there are a few as made surface bubbles that in my limited experience seem quite common with Pelts.

It's not too hard to see why Peltier stayed successful in the marble business for decades.

Their "plain" marbles made with the less expensive glass are still very pretty. 

Also, I agree, I'm not aware of that one having a name.  I think that some people lump them in with Champion Jrs. but I think that's a very small segment of marbledom.  

4 hours ago, Steph said:

It's not too hard to see why Peltier stayed successful in the marble business for decades.

Their "plain" marbles made with the less expensive glass are still very pretty. 

Also, I agree, I'm not aware of that one having a name.  I think that some people lump them in with Champion Jrs. but I think that's a very small segment of marbledom.  

Yes - in my very limited experience they're frequently quite crude, frequently have surface flaws but almost always attractive and 'fun'.

I don't like the Champion Jr name as a descriptor.

1 hour ago, ann said:

"Just" another plain ole Pelt . . .

Lovely!

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:47 PM, ManofKent said:

Yes - in my very limited experience they're frequently quite crude, frequently have surface flaws but almost always attractive and 'fun'.

I don't like the Champion Jr name as a descriptor.

Lovely!

Crude?!!!!  :o:o:o    :)