Mostly Pix - Peltier

Steph

Working on more Pelts today, and another IPA and some mibs. My understanding is that this is a 'broken cork' and I like them a bunch. This one is perfectly corked all the way around and doesn't really miss, other than broken in places, as it, according to its name, does. This one proves the proposition that sometimes its not the marbles, but the mib! John

post-3757-0-62205400-1445796723_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-67774100-1445796725_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-68369300-1445796727_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-80440100-1445796729_thumb.jp

Outstanding. Do you have closer, individual pictures? I'm really struggling with cerise and prima, I'd sure like some closer views of those things. Anybody wanting to post what they think are Prima and Cerise agates, please do! Some of my possible candidates are giving me fits! (I can get a feel, maybe better for Cerise, but the number three prima, I would think is very American agate-ish).

Outstanding. Do you have closer, individual pictures? I'm really struggling with cerise and prima, I'd sure like some closer views of those things. Anybody wanting to post what they think are Prima and Cerise agates, please do! Some of my possible candidates are giving me fits! (I can get a feel, maybe better for Cerise, but the number three prima, I would think is very American agate-ish).

I heard back. Could be awhile before we can get new pix.

For the record, the box of 25 Cerise Agates is as found but still there might be some question about whether the contents are all original. Ann's box here might be a more accurate representation:

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/6786-mostly-pix-peltier/?p=170238

That is terrific! I really appreciate these. I think I get Cerise, and will dig out my candidates...but it seems more straightforward. The Primas are the problem! Those get real close to American agates from far away, and which I love, and hoard as much as my luck allows. I wonder if I have Primas all mixed in with these. I've seen lots of "putative" examples of both in hand and in photos. But I'm troubled. I thought, but maybe misunderstood, that American Agates can have a mix of orange with the red. When I make that photo bigger, the orange is overlaid on the white so maybe is just modulated red; there appears also in picture there is overlaid transparent glass that goes deep, and while hard to tell, the demarcation between the colors might be blurrier. Also, it appears there is just deeper movement of the red into the marble, than what I take to be CA American Agates to have. Is this just one of those things we'll never be quite be sure of? I don't know. I wonder/worry that I (and maybe we) am mixed up about these for some examples. Thoughts/examples appreciated! John

(Once I get through some other projects, I will re-image my examples and make a jumbo post of examples of these...maybe we can puzzle through them.)