may not be around as much

lstmmrbls

Moved Pop in with me about 6 years ago,  Since then he has had a 3rd degree heart block leading to a pacemaker, Then bladder cancer that he beat. Next came Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  Chemo that he tolerated very well. Then Radiaton than has now possibly caused lung and heart problems,  So I do still work and take care of him (will be getting some Hospice help) which will be limiting my escape time to the marble world. They have given him 6 months so I may be a pretty busy guy for a while.  Prayers are welcome,  He is a WWII vet and was a tail gunner radio man on a Grumman Avenger Torpedo Bomber off the Aircraft Carrier Shangri La and has led a full and wonderful life. Hopefully  My Sis and I can help him to his next big adventure with a bit a grace,  Sorry for the downer but most of you I consider friends so I thought you would not mind me posting this.   

Best wishes from me, too, Galen -- I know what it's like to be a caregiver; I did the same for my mother.  There will be days when it's hard -- just do your best.  It's all we can do.

Galen, I have missed you around here. I figured something pressing must have come up, thanks for letting us know. I admire you for doing right by your Pop, although it doesn't surprise me, you have always impressed me as a filial son. Please know that my best wishes are with you and your family, and that I sincerely hope everything works out to your Pop's best advantage.

Oh Man we are so sorry to hear this. you know our thoughts and prayers are with ya my friend. hugs  from afar. please keep us all posted. I know a lot of us totally understand what you're going thru and will face.  Know you have friends that love ya toots!