Would Love To See Pictuures Of Slag Marbles

nancy cooper

I'm not sure if this is the right place to start this but,....I'd love to see any pictures of slag marbles for me to learn from. I keep finding information here that some how has escaped me to date. I hate when that happens...Thanks in advance for sharing any pictures....Nancy

(My damn U key sticks! I guess it's back to "Dragon Speak" for me)

PS...Could a slag marble look like this...with the white swirls inside the green glass? This is another marble just dug up at that dump. Nancy

post-2751-128797816971_thumb.jpg

You're steal'n my thunder, man! Guess I missed my opportunity... *Finds a corner to sulk in*

The slags that Jeepers posted are all higher-end slags; I see a lot of handgathered slags here, and colors that are on the rarer end of the spectrum. Here's a quick verbal rundown of the more common types; if nobody covers these colors by tomorrow morning, I'm gonna haul out my box and get some examples:

Dark blue and dark green are the most common in my experience.

Brown and purple are the next most common; jeeper's posted two excellent examples of brown in the upper left, but no purples.

Red and cyan are where the slags start becoming uncommon; this glass also seems to chip easier, so finding them in good condition is that much harder.

The lemonade slags are generally the rarest of the normal colors, and I find that they tend to be a little flimsier as well.

Jeepers, that slag on the far left, second down– that's pelt, right? Absolutely stunning!

Oh yah, cyan slag prices are gonna go through the roof. My buying habits are really going to shrink the pool. *Pulls $12.63 out of his wallet* How many will this get me? Mint condition only.

Only looking for all Cyan Slag marbles from the world? I bet there are some pretty stellar inter-galactic stones to be had!! Do you have a picture of a cyan slag marble. I'm never sure what one means by cyan (aqua, teal, greenish blue, bluish green, sea green.........)Nancy

Close to this color?

post-2751-128806696282_thumb.jpg

Alan's got a few towards the center of his picture, and there's one in the top row of Dan's. I think a lot of collectors call it light blue, sometimes aqua. I work a lot with colors, though, so I can say with absolute confidence that the glass is actually cyan. Yup.

I can never get a good picture of cyan slags. I have some excellent ones, but no matter how hard I try, they always end up as just a blue smudge. I have some cyan swirls of completely unknown origin that I'd like to have IDed too, but I just can't catch any.

I planned on grabbing some pics of my slags, what with them being the pride of my collection (I have low standards), but I had to leave home earlier than expected today, and won't be back in a week. Such is life. Just hang in there, though; when I get back, I will astound you all with my amazing collection of cyan smudges!

And Jeepers, that cup is amazing. I want it too. Maybe Nancy and I could play a game of marbles for it? :P

Alan's got a few towards the center of his picture, and there's one in the top row of Dan's. I think a lot of collectors call it light blue, sometimes aqua. I work a lot with colors, though, so I can say with absolute confidence that the glass is actually cyan. Yup.

I can never get a good picture of cyan slags. I have some excellent ones, but no matter how hard I try, they always end up as just a blue smudge. I have some cyan swirls of completely unknown origin that I'd like to have IDed too, but I just can't catch any.

I planned on grabbing some pics of my slags, what with them being the pride of my collection (I have low standards), but I had to leave home earlier than expected today, and won't be back in a week. Such is life. Just hang in there, though; when I get back, I will astound you all with my amazing collection of cyan smudges!

And Jeepers, that cup is amazing. I want it too. Maybe Nancy and I could play a game of marbles for it? :P