Why Not Many New Posts Is Everyone Dead

mordiskul

George,

Why do you make a comment like that on your first post? Have you been here? Have you had to deal with the 4 people out of a thousand who were banned? Of the 4, only one posted to cause friction and the other three only showed up to join in the posts the main one made. There was not positives to keep them here, or are you just talking out your ass?

Lou

FWIW George, or whatever your real name is :Sad_headshake_tweetz:

I certainly agree with what Lou said........The board is still a quality forum with a plethora of respected collectors available for your assistance. If all you want to do is come here and cause turmoil then I'm sure I can direct you to other forums to satisfy your desire........

Dustin asked a legit question, to wit I reply, we're still here Bro :)

Marble On!!!!

S~

I was just giving a possible answer to a question posted. Sorry my first post was this one. Yes I do know a couple of the folks that were banned. As do many other people. Did you really believe there would not be any negative affect from the bannings. I hope that I am not banned also as this should be a great time to discuss openly why many people have stopped posting. George

I haven't seen any negative effects since the banning, with the exception of the love e-mails I get from Scott Patrick.

George, hopefully you will have much to add to the forum. As I said, I don't ban people for the hell of it. Some of the people I banned, I could of banned long ago, but I didn't.

I don't ban members because I disagree with them, or because they say something that insults me. I try to be fair, search the other marble boards and find how good these people are. You be surprised how many faces they wear. From prim & proper to noble on their own boards, and how downright disrespectful on others.

I'm sorry if you don't agree, but these are the decisions (and grief) an administrator gets paid the high dollars for (LOL)

Lou

hey all

i honestly think the biggest reasons postings are down is that many people myself included are struggling with life in general.

jobs dissappearing at a record pace

economic times are toughest i have ever seen

winter blahs

way less cash flow

marbles ,even though they are nice and all, just are not a top priority

i have trying to "dig" a few up here and there

mainly i lurk around trying to learn a little

i think the board is just fine

steve

I've gotta get away from the computer and get outside!!!

It's in the high forties and by late afternoon, the ice might be off the swimming pool!!!

LOL

;)

Sue my ice was gone yesterday off the top anyway it still is 14" thick below lol

After the recent bannings maybe people are afraid to post. They might say the wrong thing and get banned. George

I have been at the New Philly marble show.

There is no "fear" or uncertainty about the board. If people would behave with an ounce of self-control there wouldn't be any banned posters. I never see anyone at a marble show spouting off like some do on the boards. The anonymity and implied lack of consequences that comes with Internet posting causes some people to write things that they would never say in person.

ditto what Alan said!!

I have been at the New Philly marble show.

There is no "fear" or uncertainty about the board. If people would behave with an ounce of self-control there wouldn't be any banned posters. I never see anyone at a marble show spouting off like some do on the boards. The anonymity and implied lack of consequences that comes with Internet posting causes some people to write things that they would never say in person.

Hey Sue

You must live in the southern part of the state. It was in the mid 30's here yesterday, but only for a little while. Then the wind picked up and the temp really started to drop. The snow that came off the roof Sun. froze as hard as a rock.

You must live in the southern part of the state.

Yup!! We're only a couple of miles from the Mass border... We did have a lot of wind. But, it sure was nice being able to get the ice off the deck and unblock the ice dams in the rain gutters!!! LOL

As a Maryland 'wimp', I was embarassed to ask if the recent 'hotspell' was affecting others on the East Coast. Glad it helped a little for some.

Also glad that while it didn't help Mary much, she has her avatar buddy who can obviously deal with it and is undoubtedly a warm little bundle.

Or maybe not quite so little anymore. Bob :)

• 1 month later...

Between making marbles,going to the shows,and having a little"spring fever"(also known as fishing fever in my house),I cut back on my computer time.

As for the recent banning, I'm not scared to be banned if I would turn offensive and disrespectful.I would expect and deserve it.It can sometimes be hard to disagree,with someone,in a respectful manor,but it is the way,everyone should conduct themselves.

If you adopt the,"If you cant say it to my face,in person,then you shouldn't post it"rule,you can bet your on the right track.

Everything does not have to be,"vanilla",but it should always be respectful.

Griff you can take that attitude and stuff it.......LOL. just kidding. i think once the weather warms up the posts will come back. but hopefully not the idiotic trouble makers. was that harsh? :Sad_headshake_tweetz: by the way we have a newcomer that posts id help every day in the id section. it's busy over there. I hope I get to hang with you guys again at a marble run. would like to be a bigger part of it. not just a visitor next time. no more diggin' there though because i am apparently too lazy to clean all of what i found last time. the 5/8 marbles are really nice. the shooters have alot of cold rolls so only some of those are keepers but the colors on the 5/8 are just killer.