Marble King Of America, Scott Patrick

There is a sickness, a degradation and a human outrage in the marble community and its name is Marble King of America (MKA), a marble board administered by Scott Patrick. Scott Patrick espouses hatred and vomit-inducing filth in thread after thread. He regularly and in the most vile language targets decent marble people. Other marble enthusiasts (You know who you are and you are complicit) lower their own standards by participating on his board and thereby tacitly condoning his behavior.

Scott Patrick is the personification of evil. In the past he stupidly left two thinly veiled death threats on my answering machine. This was verified by an AT&T tap. At the time Police Detectives in a suburb of Cincinnati were well aware of him.

During the past month I have received threatening and harassing emails from Patrick. Unfortunately so far neither his email server nor his Board host have been adequately responsive to his behavior. I refer specifically to [email protected] and Yuku-Legal, resp. For the numerous people who have been subjected to his repulsive accusations these servers appear to hide behind legal niceties and require impossibly convoluted and circuitous reporting requirements.

Patrick traffics on his board under the name of a venerable marble company and it would be all too easy for a computer savvy marble enthusiast minor to gain access to his marble board. This should have great concern to many parents. Does anyone know his physical address. I will provide it to Marble king, Inc. who intend to serve him legally. Contact me at [email protected].

We have a moral obligation to step up to the plate and bring this man to heel. I am asking all good marble people and especially those of you who are exceedingly adept at navigating the web to express yourselves vigorously and with unflagging insistence.

David Chamberlain

ALL THAT'S REQUIRED FOR EVIL TO PREVAIL IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO BE SILENT.

So why drag this very unpleasant battle here? Why is this thread needed? Isn't the 3-page unpleasant thread that we already have on this subject enough?

You and Scott have been battling each other for a decade that I am aware of. I'm not taking sides - just stating the fact.

Why not leave the unpleasantness where it is? Dragging it here just infects this Board with the very qualities that you condemn. Is this a marble collecting board for enthusiasts - or is it to become a battleground for personal grudges, personality contests and furtherance of "I am right and you are wrong" arguments?

I believe that members that wish to visit that site and read vile statements are capable of finding it. Bringing the fight here to simply point at it does no service to those of us that have no interest of seeing such things. Most of us (I hope) come here for marbles - not to watch the bickering, name-calling, egos and personality contests that some people feel compelled to engage in.

I agree, Alan. I'm interested in marbles, and the knowledge and experience that comes with seeing and handling many types of marbles over a long period of time. I don't have that, and many people on this board do. I've only been collecting marbles for about 5 years, and although I'm an art historian with decades of "lookin" and collecting experience, I know I can learn a lot about marbles -- beyond books -- from people here. So I signed up for this board to participate in live, ongoing learning, beyond (or a step ahead of) books on the subject. But I have to say that I'm disappointed with the amount and tone of personal communication here. I'm not interested in it. There are other, more effective (and appropriate) avenues through which such arguements can be made. I hope the board gets back to marbles SOON.

Regards,

Ann

Yes, wouldn't it be nice and comfy if we were able to inhabit our shell and enjoy our cloistered world of marble collecting without confronting the harsh reality that is a general blight on the marble community at large, a constant rebuke to good people on this Board who incidentally want to do just what you prefer and a serious danger to youth who will be the marble enthusiast of the future. I seriously doubt that you only want to think of yourselves. David Chamberlain

David: If you want someone to argue with - you'll need to find that person elsewhere. I do not understand this holy Crusade. You have been battling Scott for 10 or more years and seem to believe that you will somehow succeed changing Scott's mind or behavior in any fashion by posts of this nature . I believe that you are mistaken. I see no good coming from dragging this garbage here - but I do see the harm. We disagree on this point - but that is okay. I have no axe to grind and will not be pulled into such behavior or conflicts myself. I don't have a dog in your fight and don't want one.

Respectfully,

Alan

I agree with Alan - not the place. All that will happen is more people will leave this board also. Pretty soon there will be no board where marble collectors or those with some interest in marbles will have a comfortable place to chat, learn and enjoy marbles. Please, no more about SP.

Unfortunately you people just don't get it. And Al you especially. I do not understand when it has been your partner at Land of Marbles who has so indelicately brought this mess over to Marble Connection from MKA. Just see how much traction he would get if he attempted to do the same on Pinx's, Pete's or Lizzy's board. Galen would be dropped like a hot potato. At least Lou has finally given him enough rope to hang himself with; it was downright incredibly seeing Galen tying the knot himself. You people have your head in the sand if you think everything will be hunky-dory. No one is inviolate with Galen as Scott Patrick's handmaiden. Wake up and smell the ---- as MKA is putting it already in your own backyard and just try and convince the doz. or so regulars on this board that time and time again have been slandered, abused and treated abysmally.

Oh, let me guess. You are maybe suggesting that we take it to Patrick on his own Board. Little chance of that. Heck, I was banned there and I've never posted at MKA, only attempted to validate what I'd been told was being said about me and others. And would I care to Post if allowed. NO! But you find it distasteful because I defend good people on this board as it rattles your sensitivities and challenges you to confront an Evil in our midst. Give me a break! David Chamberlain

I dont post often. But I agree with the others that all this bad blood doesnt need to be dragged over here. You mention why Galen hasnt posted things of this nature on the other boards. It's because of the same that you David, who I do respect as a long time friend, as well as calling Galen a friend, doesnt post the same things. It will get deleted. Eveverybody knows about Scott and his board. It does provide an outlet of no restriction of words and subjects that is good in some ways because like Tom Reed sometimes truths need to be told on that board and not dragged over here. Clyde

Hi Clyde ol' buddy,

As computer savvy and knowledgeable marble-wise as you are you know not whereof you speak when it comes to Galen. Yes, you two are East SF Bay marble compatriots but on these Boards over the past year and then some Galen has diluted whatever reputation he may ever have had by lies, innuendoes, and viscous and cruel tactics directed towards many of my friends.

How you can manage to see a need for something like MKA is beyond belief. Do you really believe that what happens there is isolated to that Board? It has a direct influence and bearing on the lives of good marble souls throughout the marble community.

And I am absolutely non-plussed that no one so far has acknowledged the danger the Board might have on impressionable minds; evidently so far those impressionable minds belong to so called 'adults.' And I am equally amazed that Marble King marble enthusiasts haven't long before this expressed outrage at the hijacking of the name of their beloved company. By the way, I want the SOB Patrick's physical address so that Marble King, Inc. can go after him and so that I can bring criminal action more effectively. Please email [email protected] David Chamberlain

P.S. Sorry Clyde but you do not want to tangle with me on this one!

It does provide an outlet of no restriction of words and subjects that is good in some ways because like Tom Reed sometimes truths need to be told on that board and not dragged over here. Clyde

I totally agree with Clyde.Well said.Bo

Let's see......"truths need to be told" and MKA is a last resort for them. You are deluded. It's as if none of you are aware that as a regular fair over at MKA Lou C. (the Board Administrator here in case you've forgotten) is trashed, not just Lou but his wife as well in the most vile manner. Are these the truths you are defending? Get real! David

Well David, they are obviously so deluded by Galen that they think it's OK to bring the trash over here from MKA and it's OK to trash us with their filthy words at MKA. What if it were your mother, wife, grandmother, sister, daughter, being called those filthy words. Would you still condone it for freedom of speech? What about common decency? What about responsibility for everyone's rights. what about our right to not be called those filthy words or lied about in a manner that impugns our good character?

David, and all the rest of us... Lou included, maybe our only recourse in fighting the lies, accusations, filth is to let it go on, but ban Galen, Dave Elkins, from this board. Both posted filth here. And lock down the thread and move it so that we can all continue to see Galens ridiculous BS but it won't be on the main page. Thinking people will still be able to see Galen's best work on this board - lies, insinuations, accusations, made up stories, hurtful stories, and the filth he brought over... Plus his BS excuses and explanations.

Peace, Edna

Well, I'm one of the people Griff was defending from the name calling. I appreciated his standing up for all of us. I am regularly called a b.tch, wh.re, and a c.nt at that board. It isn't funny to me or my family and when Galen brings Griff's defense over here, maybe he should have been banned at that point. BUT Lou was giving him freedom of speech. It was only when those affected by the names and other dirty deeds of Galen started complaining that some of you began gritching at us. Don't we have the same freedom of speech that Galen has? Don't we have the right to expect civility and decency here?

I agree about the purpose of this board. It should be about marbles... the thing most of us love. But somebody must enjoy stirring up stinks more than marbles and continues to do it. I am being facetious with the use of "someone". Galen seems to love that word when he does his accusations. Somebody needs to be silenced here. I don't care if you "men" want to talk about females in that manner in the outhouse, but don't bring it to a public forum and expect us to keep quiet about it. You should all be demanding that those who do be banned immediately. Galen could not do this at LOM or MM.

What do you want from Lou? You demand freedom of speech, but want to silence criticism of improper use of freedom of speech? You guys need to man up! Help us stop the accusations, falsehoods, made up stories, and bringing filthy words here. JMHO Peace (facetious) Edna

IF I was to say who cares about idiots with nothing more to do than to cause problems, would it be wrong. I don't understand this argument that just keeps going on. If people are being mean, distasteful, or rude let the Mods handle it. (BTW....i'm being good) They are marbles. Kids played with them, ate them and then pooped them out. If you are being threatened call the cops, if you take it serious. Man is this chain of posts real or am I dreaming. Once again....who cares. Let's just ignore those who are the problems. Or kill them with love. It seems they just attack those who seem defensless. All this and MJ too......Geesh! :Computers_comp18:

Clearly overlooked is that with Freedom of Speech comes responsibility something that does not exist at MKA and which Galen regularly overlooks. Pete would drop him in a flash if Pete was more than dollars and cents but Pete prefers to look the other way as long as Galen doesn't bring his trash to Land of Marbles. Pete should be ashamed. It is not easy to say this about Pete as he has been a friend going back 10 years and when he had close to 2000 email subscribers to his Marble Newsletter I was the only one receiving a hard copy, but Galen uses his 'status' there as cover for his multiple ills elsewhere. Pete banned him once and would prefer to do so again. Heck, he even asked me if I would jump in but I prefer to contribute to the marble world in a manner other than technical....computer skills I surely do not have. Those of you who know me are aware of my considerable contributions in the field of marbles.

You say this is only a long-standing battle-grudge between Patrick and I and I shouldn't be bringing it here. How narrow in your thought processes! Since the early 1990s Patrick has been purposely fabricating marble reproductions and was quite frank about his motivations. He had it in for what he perceived as the marble establishment which had it in for him. He clearly stated that he wanted to ruin certain marble markets and early on he did indeed mess considerably with Transitionals w/oxblood. Later he went on to other marble types. Numerous marble personages (Beverly Brule, Bert Cohen, etc.) attempted to talk some sense into him. Danny Turner and I spoke to him in the mid-1990s and told him he was wasting his 'talent' as at the time Scott Strassberger was selling his marbles for something like $15 ea. or 2 for $25. We tried to convince him that signing his work would bring respect. Fat chance. I can characterize him at that time by his standing in the courtyard area of the Reynoldsburg OH show and yelling up at Marlow & Larry's room, and calling Larry Castle a "Fat F---!" That's your Free Speech boy. Obviously he hasn't changed a bit; he just has a wider forum.

You all talk freedom of speech but you do not appear to have the least idea of what it implies. Ever hear of civility?

David Chamberlain

Freedom of speech -- and civil treatment -- applies to everyone, including those of us who are asking others of you to take personal vendettas elsewhere. Please. We get the picture already. Back to marbles.

Well, I suppose there are a few other threads available that might appeal to you. To characterize this as a personal vendetta belittles the magnitude of the problem but I suppose that makes it easy for those of you who do not see beyond yourselves and how the greater marble community has been afflicted by this for quite some time and most recently this past week. I suppose it's too much to expect that everyone would evince moral indignation and finally conclude that they had had quite enough of Scott Patrick's and Galen's behavior. You will destroy this marble board and any other by lying down and continuing to let them roll over you. Truth! You don't want the truth! David Chamberlain