Without A Doubt!

leroy65

I believe what we are seeing today in the Jabo marble production are some of the most beautiful and colorful marbles that have ever been produced by man. These will certainly be highly sought after many years down the road. Who would have thought a few years ago that there could be 18 pages (851 listings) of Jabo marbles on eBay on Jan.13, 2010? Keep up the good work JABO! This is my opinion----Leroy----

Leroy, I know that's a statement that will bring out a lot of contrasting feelings...

But.... I also agree... Having seen the evolution of marble collecting over a very long period of time, your statement fits very solidly into the pattern.

When Larry Castle announced he was writing a book on Cat's Eyes, I remember feeling the very same way that many feel about Jabos, now... "OMG, you've GOT to be kidding!!!"

In the big picture of things, production of Jabos has been much lower than Cat's Eyes... And the focus has been on the appearance.

The coolest thing is, the best will not be damaged in play. How many times have we said, "What a GREAT marble, too bad it's beat up..." This will not happen with the best of the Jabos...

The thing that remains to be seen is... How will that factor effect their value?? There is no natural elimination of the top of the line through loss, or play...

This is ground we've never traveled before... It will be interesting to watch!!

I believe what we are seeing today in the Jabo marble production are some of the most beautiful and colorful marbles that have ever been produced by man. These will certainly be highly sought after many years down the road. Who would have thought a few years ago that there could be 18 pages (851 listings) of Jabo marbles on eBay on Jan.13, 2010? Keep up the good work JABO! This is my opinion----Leroy----

opinions is what it is, fact is what its not!

maybe ones like i have pictured will go up in value,others going up in value is pure speculation!

It is simple,if you like them it is ok,if you don't like them it is ok !!!!!!! It is YOUR CHOICE. They sure have gave marble collectors something to discuss the last two years.

Time for me to find another thread.

Seems to me people are just looking at them from two camps - - - those who buy primarily for investment and those who buy primarily for looks.

As an investment? Who knows.

But are some of them absolutely dy-no-mite to look at? Yep. Don't know how you could say those posted by Steph aint good-lookin' marbles . . .