Board Recall

Even when I wasnt here I was, I know kinda sad - get a life. I did but the new family is dysfunctional, I fit right in.

(edit: I mention this because I believe many members still come, jus dont participate.)

This is a request for those, who wont bother anymore. It is still a great place(only requirement is good folk) but it would be better with your participation.

Each and every one is missed (not by me but someone) -alright thats how it starts - if it is I for one could turn it down a notch sometimes. (with help maybe)

Theres is a monstorus hole in every thing discussed, its where your viewpoint goes.

Well now this whole thing seems silly, got my finger on the back button - someone I trust jus told me sillys good and I know this to be true.

Is what it is

aint what it could be. who was it said? nut'n worthwhile is easy

David -aka marbleus1

(yea probably was he wont shutup)

everybody deserves another chance me, you, the Board

kumbiyi...

you are a aggravating bunch of ......your.answer here..................................

thanks for the engagement

It does seem 'touch and go' a lot of the time with more unsaid than said and often that which has been said best left unsaid. I do not necessarily agree with what I just said because I'm inclined to pull out all the stops. It's those times when I fear that being vulnerable will play right into someone's hands who does not have the best of intentions towards me that I hold back. Silly is good and I try to offset some of my more heady comments with a bit of levity. I might not be getting the full import of your Post here but I do sympathize. David

We are missing a hundred or more good folk,

they would make us better people.

Naw!

Yea!

David

I helped wreck her

least I could try

I also believe in "unrestricted" discourse, but try to keep my eye on the stops(usually someones feelings attached).

well i see the alcohol is kicking in there David, lolololololol,, j/k

there will always be a difference of opinion in anything you do or say with anyone, people have been bickering since Adam ate the apple, but what it all comes down to is, with a few exceptions, there isnt anything anyone wouldnt do for a fellow collector, within reason, aint undiagnosed paranoia a bitch, been there done that,,, smile,, bj

well i see the alcohol is kicking in there David, lolololololol,, j/k

there will always be a difference of opinion in anything you do or say with anyone, people have been bickering since Adam ate the apple, but what it all comes down to is, with a few exceptions, there isnt anything anyone wouldnt do for a fellow collector, within reason, aint undiagnosed paranoia a bitch, been there done that,,, smile,, bj

Eve talked him into it....so even then there was coercion.

Eve talked him into it....so even then there was coercion.

lol, ya see i always thought it was that dang snake(lucy?)ya maybe she did it, isnt she the devil?,lolol, that told him to eat it, lolololol,, i need alot of white out if im going to change the words in my Bible,,, all in good fun, smile

what flicks my bic is those posters who say things just for a reaction or they think if they add a lol or imho it cant be hurtful or half truths.....i was taught to be able to take what i dish out and not to say anything to provoke or belittle...when i see it my duct taped head pressurizes...i haint stupid and i can see straight thru the agenda of that type of poster....im sorry if i dont come thru diplomatically sometimes but sometimes i had to hollar at my kids,too...

I agree Duff. They have to be responsible for their actions. We can battle smarter though and maybe give a little bit more benefit of the doubt. Usually its hard to hide yur true intent for long.

Of course if ya wrestl'n pigs its bound to get messy.

I think if we all would sign in more often it could help.

Folks is nicer when watched.

David

Can we get off Adams ass already! lol

who'd he call a pig

yup...this board is a skeleton of itself when i signed in 02..or 01...cant remember exactly when..it used to be fun and people got along pretty good...personalities conflict when people started to argue in the little things in marbles and every little aspect had to be torn apart and the people who wanted to be experts posted thousand word posts about things that didnt matter or if they did was so mundane that it got silly...theres lots of people that didnt want to devulge information and just left....i haint got a problem but all that high collar crap that is simple but made out to be difficult and confusin just takes the fun out of it...its all marbles and supossed to be fun not a college subject...

Some scholars believe Adam ate a pomegranate.

Yup. Apples didn't even grow in the Near East back then. Translation confusion; earliest texts just say "fruit" of the tree . . . confusion developed with the later (Roman period) use of the word "malus," which is Latin for both "apple" and "an evil." Hey, whaddaya expect?? How often do you think an art historian gets to chime in with one of her interesting but useless bits of information, huh?? Huh??? Not that often, I can tell ya . . .

I think we're gonna enjoy each other's company, sissydear!

Interesting topic. There have been many studies about internet conversations. Two that come to mind are that if you type the same way you talk, then your personality does not come through and people take offense. That has happened to me on MSN messenger where I thought the other person was being offensive and it was not true. The other one that I have read is, how through the anonimity of the internet, people say things they would not say to anyone in person.

I have been to a lot of marble shows and, boy, the comaraderie is outstanding. It would be nice if the chat boards were similar. If we could all take what is said with a grain of salt and try to put the personality behind the words, we would be a happier crowd.

Elizabeth

THE SKY IS BLUE..

what's written isn't always what's read.

take the sentence" The sky is blue"

When 10 people read those four words, four people know egg-zackery what you mean. They nod their head and go on with their life.

Two other people will say "no, it's Pilgrim gray'

One other person will give a scientific lecture about the sky not having any color..what we see is sunlight reflected through dust particles.

Two people will read it and reply "Hummmmm. What are you really trying to say?"

And here in the marble world ,the 10th person will whine and complain.. "The sentence was too long! I didnt read it all. Why are you attacking me?"

Opinions are like navels, everybody has one.

oh wait Adam didnt have one.

in my best Rosanne Rosanna Dana voice…NEEEEVERR MIND

Moderation in moderation

edit to add..

How often do you think an art historian gets to chime in with one of her interesting but useless bits of information, huh?? Huh??? Not that often, I can tell ya . . .

just wondering, why do artist paint Adam with a navel?

How do we know Adam

seems classic he said, she said

nay original

David

edit: Bubba, I betcha someone can answer those two ?? lol

I know there is a referance available, amen

loves the lill children all the children of the world

If I read my bible correctly the lesson is not about who committed the original sin but the consequense of sin.In this case two innocent animals lost there lives and their skins to cover someone elses mistake,shame,sin.We need to remember sin is a seriuos matter.Hope this is not too heavy,but my take on it. :)

If you haven't guessed already -- heads up, I'm one of these three people :character-smileys-238: :

THE SKY IS BLUE..

Two other people will say "no, it's Pilgrim gray'

One other person will give a scientific lecture about the sky not having any color..what we see is sunlight reflected through dust particles.

edit to add..

just wondering, why do artist paint Adam with a navel?

I don't think they always thought it through . . . For instance, next time you see a depiction of "The Last Supper," the stuff on the table (plates, cups, knives, etc.) will be what the people were using when the picture was painted . . . not what would have been used in the first few decades A.D. in the Palestine area . . . it was also the custom there then to recline on couches to dine, Roman style, instead of sitting in chairs at a table. I've only seen one "Last Supper" that depicted it that way, and it's just an ink sketch on paper from around 1600, when artists were first getting interested in stuff from the ancient world. So . . . navels and apples.

OT!