• Scott Patrick
    • Sue
    • Brian Estepp
    • Steve Smith
    • Alan Bassinet
    • Cliff
    • Bill Bass
    • Steve Sturtz's sport coat

Definetly a tongue in cheek thread Greg started. Trying to get a few laughs from a thread that was not. I find it amazing that people didnt catch on to this fact. Maybe I'm just partial as my name is on the list. LMAO.

Exactly Clyde....

Actually I would consider Clyde Tuller a worthy prospect. He has a deep and abiding love of marbles, his marble knowledge is astounding and he has always been willing to share his knowledge. He has applied himself to an understanding and appreciation of marbles that would be hard to surpass. He is a great pleasure to talk with and basically one helluva guy.

David Chamberlain

Yeah, 'Tuller.' Been corresponding with but mostly visiting with on many occasions when I lived in California and we would have marathon talks mainly at the De Anza College Flea Market, Cupertino, CA. Clyde seriously knows his marbles. He's way past me in marble knowledge. David

Leighton? Fiedler? Those guys? Or is it just because they were mentioned in another thread?

Steph already mentioned it's a good point... I know there was consideration for those who could accept, or have relatives accept the award... The historical names should simply be there without much question. (It would be cool to find relatives who cared...)

Definetly a tongue in cheek thread Greg started. Trying to get a few laughs from a thread that was not. I find it amazing that people didnt catch on to this fact.

I think everyone caught on.... Post #3 is a perfect response!!!

In respect to those who put in a lot of effort and did a lot of work in the Texas group, I'm kinda glad we could turn the humor to a logical explanation for why some aren't jumping onboard the train so fast....

i would say a few belong on the list,but mostly your on fantasy island

Also a good point... There's a lot more names on Mark's list than I'd have considered... As long as the scope was that wide, I added a few I wouldn't have with a smaller field.

Without criteria - any nominations become a pointless,

Yes.... That will narrow the field again....

Is there a little space in the list for a collector from Europe, I vote for Jeroen.

Holy Molies, Cees!!!! Be patient!! We're still in Texas, for now!!! LOL :rolleye-842:

(Considering the earlier collectible marbles came from Europe, you make a good point, too!!)

Actually I would consider Clyde Tuller a worthy prospect. He has a deep and abiding love of marbles, his marble knowledge is astounding and he has always been willing to share his knowledge. He has applied himself to an understanding and appreciation of marbles that would be hard to surpass. He is a great pleasure to talk with and basically one helluva guy.

I'd second that!!! :music-rocker-001:

Thank you David for that kind comment. Yes, Scott you were missing the "er" all these years on my name. Definely a joke can made of that. Now what was his er name again? At least your way Scott I would have way more peole getting pronunciation right. Maybe in another 20-30 years I may actually deserve to be nominated. Or maybe not. If someone gets caught taking marble enhancing drugs does that keep them from being elected?

Not entirely. It's a shape-shifting thing. Totally non-paranoid in nature because you ingest whilst amongst your favorite mibs. Del Morgan was on the wrong track with Marbleholocs; you don't want to institutionalize this experience at all or characterize it as being anything other than going with the flow. Anyone can do it. I'm a guide! David

Most of those names seem like having fans nominated to the Football Hall of Fame. Guess I just don't get it.

Refer back to....... (The wisest words in the thread.)

Without criteria - any nominations become a pointless,

Some got it, some don't.... What's not to get?

(Just smile Galen. C'mon, I KNOW you can do it!!) :jumping-1020:

Anyone can do it. I'm a guide!

Bartender, I'll have 2 of whatever he's drinkin'!!! :cool-smileys-262:

Thank you David for that kind comment. Yes, Scott you were missing the "er" all these years on my name. Definely a joke can made of that. Now what was his er name again? At least your way Scott I would have way more peole getting pronunciation right. Maybe in another 20-30 years I may actually deserve to be nominated. Or maybe not. If someone gets caught taking marble enhancing drugs does that keep them from being elected?

My bad & my sincere apologies Clyde. What has it been 12 years since we first met on Pete's board, Grandma D. Snell was the mod.? Then i met you in person few years back in Vegas, Wow all those years miss-speaking your name, i confess i am an idiot! Please tell me how to pronounce your name, don't want to be like i was with Bill Tow, me calling him Bill Toe, then Marvin of course has to call him "Stubby" LOL! Speaking of Bill Tow, want to nominate him for this list, hell his photography skills alone ot to get him there! Will vote for you though Clyde if you forgive me!

Of course it makes everything bigger. But only in your mind's eye. After it wears off though you realize you are just like everybody else. Although I think some people have an endless stash as they always think and feel their's are bigger. Scott correct pronunciation is T-uh-LL-ER. Dont sweat it you're already forgiven.