• Scott Patrick
    • Sue
    • Brian Estepp
    • Steve Smith
    • Alan Bassinet
    • Cliff
    • Bill Bass
    • Steve Sturtz's sport coat

I voted for who I admire/admired the most and it made me feel good to do so. My corner of the big wide world of marbles is small indeed but there have been some amazing people who did help to shrink that area a little bit more for me.

Thanks gregg11 for the poll.

We would vote for any of these people if they were to be on a list................

Bert Cohen

Everett Grist

Paul Baumann

Cathy Runyan

Roger Hardy

Gary Dolly

Gary Huxford

Danny Turner

Gino Biffany

Elliot Pincus

Roy Katskee

Bucky Zeleski

Ron Shepherd

Jody Fine

Steve Maslach

Richard Marquis

Ro Purser

David Salazar

Jim Davis

Andy Davis

Charles Gibson

Those are just a few off the top of our heads, there are some on your list that are noteable, but come on

Give CREDIT where CREDIT & RESPECT are DUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mark!!! We were posting at the same time....

Now, THAT'S a list!!

Add to it...

Bev Brule

Bill Sweet

Stan & Claire Block (Ditch the kids...)

Bud Braumlich (Sp??)

Dudley Giberson

Jim Ridpath

Larry Castle

Marlow Peterson

Lloyd Huffer

Larry Svacina

NOW, we're getting somewhere!! ;)

Absolutely Sue, and one we had to add The Incomparable PATRY D, who started sand baggin as many machine mades as she could find,while all the other collectors of handmades scoffed at her... She got the last laugh lol ..I miss her dearly and her knowledge on mm's was blow away,and on our last meeting at a sea tac show we traded cats eyes. What a peach...............

I never had the luck of meeting Patry... But, she was a joy to have on the boards...

I'm sure there's many others for this list. I only know those who were in the east, or traveled here...

Oh, another.... Lyn Christian and his trust dalmation "Agate!!"

As adroitly stated above by Alan nominations are meaningless without some spelled out criteria and just tossing around names here and there is ludicrous. But since Patry has been mentioned and commented upon here I would like to restate some of those things about her that would fit anyone's criteria for excellence in consideration.

Patry was a most giving lady with spot-on marble knowledge from early-on machine-made immersion and well before it was considered de rigueur. Patry had a sly delight in pocketing the high-flyers in the marble ring. She knew these beauties intimately from her award-winning, inspired paintings of them. And she was a wordsmith par excellent, all the more amazing when she coined her own words and phrases in tribute to a special marble or anything else that touched her fancy. She once sent me a photo taken by her friend Elaine King of a Painted Bunting(a colorful bird) and said about it, "It's a hybrid 'Superbird,' no?" I wrote back, "Yes, definitely a 'hybird.'" ('ir' instead of 'ri' in case you missed it)

Patry should be an inspiration and example to any of us who endeavour to concentrate on the sheer joy of marble collecting. She made it a point to stay above the fray and keep that special marble in her sights undeterred by any marble discord.

We lost a true gem in the marble sphere, an irreplaceable marble enthusiast and a dear friend. Only last night in a reflective moment I thought....."Yes, Patry had all the qualities you could ever hope to expect in someone worthy of Hall of Fame stature.

David Chamberlain

David and I have had a few PM's about this....

Now David, do you see my point??

I am totally onboard with this "Hall of Fame" idea... And, I appreciate the thought behind what has transpired in Texas...

But, I also think, before this becomes the "American" hall of fame, it needs to be handled with much less haste and far more thought, to be taken seriously....

We would vote for any of these people if they were to be on a list................

Bert Cohen

Everett Grist

Paul Baumann

Cathy Runyan

Roger Hardy

Gary Dolly

Gary Huxford

Danny Turner

Gino Biffany

Elliot Pincus

Roy Katskee

Bucky Zeleski

Ron Shepherd

Jody Fine

Steve Maslach

Richard Marquis

Ro Purser

David Salazar

Jim Davis

Andy Davis

Charles Gibson

Those are just a few off the top of our heads, there are some on your list that are noteable, but come on

Give CREDIT where CREDIT & RESPECT are DUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would say a few belong on the list,but mostly your on fantasy island

what have dolly, turner and pincus ever done?

boss de plane

I'm sure the new Hall of Fame organizing folks (and those Texans AND non-Texans who will join them) have a good idea of who the first few waves of inductees should be. I'm just surprised that so many people here have been ignoring . . . um . . . Leighton? Fiedler? Those guys? Or is it just because they were mentioned in another thread?

I'm sure the new Hall of Fame organizing folks (and those Texans AND non-Texans who will join them) have a good idea of who the first few waves of inductees should be. I'm just surprised that so many people here have been ignoring . . . um . . . Leighton? Fiedler? Those guys? Or is it just because they were mentioned in another thread?

Good point Ann. Yeah they were mentioned in another thread and the emphasis here looks like it's on collectors (or their outerwear), but yeah, thanks for bringing the marble making pioneers into the thread. *thumbs up*

Martin Christensen's greatgranddaughter (or other descendant) might even be able to be found for a presentation. I've seen a fairly recent article featuring one of his descendants.

i did vote but i think a certain set of parameters need to be in place, are you talking about people who made a living off the backs of others collections?, or someone that stepped up and provided his/her expertise to advance the hobby?,,, or is it just a name you've heard over and over again, so you assume he or she has done anything,maybe a long time collector with their collections being worth a certain amount but gives no insight as to the origin of their collection?,, really a vague pole that needs a few guide lines i think,, bj