A Good Day

SNYD

Just thought I would brag a little, :cool-smileys-262: I hope you all don't mind. I went to an auction yesterday and during a thundering down pour with severe high winds, I bought two, yes two, mint Golden Rebels :music-rocker-001: I have been wanting for one for over ten years now. I had one when I first started collecting ( 15 years) and I knew nothing. I had a guy offer me $100 for a mint golden rebel, which at that time I thought was a whole lot of money for one marble :fighting-547: it was a leason learned. But now I have replaced the marble and got it's brother (or sister) to boot. :jumping-1020: Also, I got a mint and near mint + Superman, a burnt xmas tree that has blue in it, never seen that before! A mint Katchup & Mustard too. I am a happy camper today :rolleyes:

Let it rain, heck, let it pour............................................

If you don't mind me asking did you pick them up at an auction in Pennsylvania? I had seen a auction advertised with marbles and two of them were golden rebels? Also if you don't mind how much did you get them for? LOL Though about going up there but 8 hours is a little far on a Wednesday! Great Score!!! :music-rocker-001:

thats awesome, congrats, now make with the pics of those beauties!

I will take some pics and email them to scoop, my favorite friend that helps a dummy like me. (SCOOP ROCKS!) I am sure they will get posted for all to see.

If you don't mind me asking did you pick them up at an auction in Pennsylvania? I had seen a auction advertised with marbles and two of them were golden rebels? Also if you don't mind how much did you get them for? LOL Though about going up there but 8 hours is a little far on a Wednesday! Great Score!!! :music-rocker-001:

Yes, this auction was posted on auctionzip and it was in Pa. As far as cost... :blush: There were more six or seven mibs that I did not mention, onionskin - mint, avertrine(sp) patch - mint, bumble bee with avertrine (sp) and more. I paid - ? gee my wife may read this.....let's say just a very small tad bit over $1000 for the lot. Honey if you see this .....I love you :wub:

Don't worry folks, she is as happy with our new kids as I am. She even tucked them into bed last night, well almost that way or maybe it was me she tucked in. Heck I was as tired as a "one armed wallpaper hanger" when I got home. LONG DRIVE down and back ( 6 hours) plus worked half day, I know ain't marble collecting just a ball :rolleye-842:

I will take some pics and email them to scoop, my favorite friend that helps a dummy like me.

Send 'em on... I'll be watchin' for 'em!! Let me know if you need my email again.

Great Score!!!! :cool-smileys-262:

I saw the pictures of those,and almost made the drive,also about 6hrs. But i had other things come up. Now,no doubts that i would have liked to been there. Good catch!

I'll pepper these in the bunch of mibs that I am bringing down for you to look at. Let's see if you can find them in all of those juicy Alleys :lol:

That is a wonderful sight to be sure!! Diggin that GR with the lucky horseshoe! Gonna sell any? :cool-smileys-262:

You know I would like to sell one of the GR's, but I can't.. :wub: They both are now part of the family. It was a long time coming and it took a lot of overtime to get the funds for the group. But hey, I would let you see them anytime :music-rocker-001: I am sure that I will be taking them to Sistersville this year to show.

Thanks to all for the supportive comments. It's nice to know that my fellow collectors are there to help one enjoy common desires. Again, thanks everyone! ! ! ! !

SNYD

I would like to take a quick minute to make a special thank you to a very kind, helpful and pleasant member of this forum. I have never met this person, yet the kind actions and support this fellow mibster so freely gives is so refreshing. I can not get photos on this board, I send them to SCOOP and poof :party-243: there they are for everyone to enjoy. Here is something very deserving and heart felt:

SCOOP - Whoever you are, where ever you are, YOU ROCK ! :music-rocker-001::cool-smileys-262::rolleye-842: