Alphabet Marbles

HERE LIES MY PROBLEM - I DON'T HAVE A "Z" EXAMPLE...LOL

Why not let your 2's do double duty?

I had a sharp cursive S once. It was so sharp that I thought it might have been that way on purpose. When I learned that it was probably an accident, I got rid of it. Doh!

I have a gorgeous Jabo Ace S which Bob sent straight to me when I made the mistake of admiring it. ( :

I'll have to find a picture. It was my avatar before Nilly.

Edit: Bob posted it! That's my S! It shimmers.

I've always wanted to do that myself. I wonder which company might be the best suited to provide letters? My Alley flames seem to be teaming with letters. Akro corks can only get you...it will come to me...I see a possible J at the pole. lol

The n into a Z was the first thing I thought of too. It reminds me of the nyquil commercial.

Rich, you have got waaay too much time on your hands, you lucky (jolly) fella.

Splattman has the best S that I've ever seen.

You have a great start is what I'm seeing from here. I'll see if I can spare any if you need to buy a vowel. lol

:jumping-1020:

Rich, I think your best chance of finding a nice "Z" might be the 1" Peltier Catseyes. I have only four of those, but every one has a more-or-less "z" shape. The 5/8" ones are usually too small to make a good z. Here's the best 1" one I have, though I'm sure there are better ones out there.

I couldn't find any good "4"s, but I think probably the Pelts or CACs are the best chance of finding one of those.

I've been thinking about doing a marble/flower comparison thing. Some of the flower pictures I've taken remind me of certain marbles. For example, this Clematis never fails to bring to mind this Vitro. So I thought maybe, since that marble doesn't have a name (that I know of), why not call it a Jackmani, which is the type of Clematis this is.

...oh...and that reminds me...

I fear that the bug you've been bitten by actually goes by the name of "pareidolia." But that's neither here nor there.

Maybe shift the angle of your first 'T' and make it a 'Z'? Or an 'L', from another angle. Using the same marble for 'I' and 'L' is cheating.

For a few years, Jabo made a collection of marbles with 'S's on them. And if you turned it around, some of them made nice 'Z's. There were some 'C's in the collection as well, which could double as 'U's. Surely you can dig up one or two of those? If not, maybe I'll try to find my set of them. I've got to have over 9000 of those bloody things.

Also, what is the marble you have as an 'N', and the last in the set of 'S's?

Cool work of 'art' and time, Rich. From time to time many collectors have tried to pick 'perfect' letters or numbers where you don't have to look through other markings on the marbles but your idea is a good one. I think I have a 3 somewhere but I'll have to look for it. Of course, if I turn the 3 upside down, I'd have an E. Here's a pic of one I won't give up - a rare two letter one that Bo gave me a few years ago - OR (for Oregon).

post-60-128422618049_thumb.jpg

Rich, nice bunch you have put together, I feel your pain when it comes to finding certain letters. I have been trying to spell the name Casey for a couple of years. It is taking me a while because I am being very particular about the letter formation. Fully random but very ledgible. Here is what I have so far.

post-2487-128422742046_thumb.png

post-2487-128422744025_thumb.jpg

post-2487-128422745893_thumb.png

Hey Rich!

Neat post, and a salute for the self-discipline!

It's almost painful to have a fun idea for a topic, but to have to hold yourself

back from posting until the required time has passed to get it all put together. :computer-22:

My best luck has been with Jabo Aces.

Here's a shot of the 'S for Steph' marble.

For those who've never tried it, a well-made jewelry box is possibly the ultimate small and light weight

way to safely ship a marble. Remove the innards and add foam to the top and bottom with a little bit of

a circular indent in both and you have a seriously bomb-proof package. Wanted to mention the reasoning

behind it, because a lady friend at the time saw the shot and responded with "You PROPOSED to her with a marble!?"

Gulp. So hopefully there'll be no gossip, rumor, or speculation as a result. Aw heck, what am I worried about?

That kind of thing doesn't go on here! :rolleyes:

P1010879.png

I'd take up fishing Rich... I cut the stomach's open on the lake perch so to see what they have been eating... Find half digested hooks, zebra muscles, and all different kind of stuff... Have a True Turn Cap full of the trinkets... Never found any alphabetized marbles though...rolleye-842.gif

Wow, and here I thought I was crazy....lol... just kidding.

It sure gives another reason to collect marbles doesn't it!

I have found several more letters and numbers and later, I have 2 more ideas for collecting that I'll post for you guys to see.

Hint - think of looking at clouds..... ***dreamy look in my eyes...***