My Son's Hello To The Board

hdale7

Howie just turned 8 and I will let him post if he wants with my supervision of course. It was ok'd by Lou to use my id to do this but if he is typing he will sign Howie, I am Howard. He loves looking at the photos and is at the stage where the bigger the marble and the more colorful it is, the more he likes it. Vacor, Akro, etc if it looks cool to him he likes it. He doesn't care about value though he get impressed if something is really expensive. Letting him post a short blurb to introduce himself.

Howard

i like big marbles. my favurite marble is one my grandpa had. it is big and is german swirl. one day i will go to marble show and see thousands of awesome marbles. hi everybuddy. my name is howie and i like marbles and video games. my marbles are in jars. bye everybuddy howie

Hello Howie! I like your name! I like all marbles. I also keep some of my marbles in jars. But my favorite marbles are in special boxes. I hope you do go to a show! You will see a lot of different kinds of marbles! And meet a lot of really nice people! Welcome to Marble Connection! Windy

I just let him take photos of his 2 favorite marbles. He used his own camera since my wife has mine somewhere, lol. I cropped them so they would fit. The solid core swirl is his favorite and was his great grandpa's actually. I told him either the Kokomo show or Canton Show this year. Will see how schedules do in next few months and finalize on one. He's done for the day, has to eat dinner and a little homework, but did want to say that his nickname for his number one favorite was Jupiter.

Howard

post-1705-129849988253_thumb.jpg

post-1705-129849988482_thumb.jpg

post-1705-129849988692_thumb.jpg

Hello Howie !!! Glad to see you posting here,you are the future. My grandson started on marble chat boards when he was about 8 years old. He is 16 now and still likes marbles,but now also likes girls. Those were some good pictures you did. Any camera that i might have used when i was 8 years old,was probably a kodak brownie. They would not do good on marbles. When i was 8 years old,all i knew about marbles was playing marble games,trading and shooting them in a sling shot. I even had a good supply of marbles nearby. The Ravenswood Novelty marble factory was near the high school that i attended. Oh,how i wish now,that i had gave that marble factory more attention. Plus have my marbles from those days back again. Maybe i can see you at the Canton Ohio marble show or the West Virginia marble show. ENJOY the marbles,they were meant to be fun and make smiles. Just like yours.

WELCOME,so glad you are here !!!!!!!

Ron S.

Howie, welcome to one of the greatest adventures life has to offer, a hobby. I am glad to see your interested in marbles, as the future of knowledge needs to be handed down to fine young people like yourself. As you grow, your hobby too will grow, one of the most enjoyable things I have found collecting marbles has truly been the people I meet and become friends with. Since I have started attending shows, I have made friends from all around the country. The folks that have responded here are some of the best. Good luck, have fun and enjoy.

SNYD

today is snow day and no school. thank you for the his and friends. i like your marble it looks like the usa flag. my dad says we should go to kokkomo show. it is more close to our house. he says it is like 2 hours and half hour. i might get to go to marble auction in few days with dad. tell boys and ethan i say hi and we have the same age of 8. thank you for the hellos and stuff. howie

I just want to say thank you to all those who have welcomed him and we plan on attending Kokomo for our first show. To get our feet wet so to speak and is a few hours closer than Canton. I understand that most spend a few nights at shows beforehand but we'll probably go down the day before of the show. I'm sure I'll have more specific questions when the time is nearer. He normally capitalizes when writing with pencil but on the keyboard its chicken pecking for him and not worrying about holding the shift key down, etc. He's a talker and we both can get some good advice from knowledgeable marble collectors and can make friends with putting faces to the names.

Howard

Hi Howie, I'm glad to see you here. I had a snow day a few weeks ago and all I did the whole day was hang around and play with marbles. I hope to meet you and your Dad in Kokomo next fall, and I have a feeling that if you show up, you are going to head back home with a pocket full of cool marbles.

Howie said:

i like your marble it looks like the usa flag.

Good thinking Howie.

I bet the people in Germany that were making those marbles in the 1890's thought the same thing.

A Red, White & Blue Marble- and some mica for stars. The Americans will love this style of marble.

They were right- we still love our Peppermint with Mica Marbles

Hi Howie ! Pleased to meet you . I showed my grandaughter ,she is 4 ,your marble and she really liked it ,thank you for showing it to us .It is a super nice one and i like the name too.

She wanted to show you her new favorite ,she likes all marbles and big ones too.The marble is an Imperial .She is wearing dress from friends wedding for her birthday .Rick and Zoe :)

post-2241-129864870369_thumb.jpg