Da Ground Was Shakin....

duffy

today i was paintin trim on a house...second story windows and shutters...about 1430 i was hangin on for dear life!!!! a 5.9 earthquake hit in washington d.c. area....we get tremors but nothin like this...it was somethin!! anybody else have the experience???

I've had the misfortune twice.

Skeered the hookey out of me, and I grew up in a place known at the time as "Hurricane Alley." Included three Cat 4s.

But man, when the earth's moving, there just ain't nowhere to go . . .

I just now heard about the earthquake! First thing I thought go to marble connection thinking OMG it has to be scary if your not used to them! I live in Calif. so I am use to them! My two kids and I would always run for my grandfather clock! It was are meeting place. We would say after it was starting to stop that this one was like e ticket ride at Disneyland. Pretty sick! I hope everyone is ok! My dog always warns me about 30 seconds before I feel it!

I for one, am super glad it was just an earthquake and no one got hurt! I live in Texas, but I was on the phone with my mom who lives in VA & works in DC when it happened. Mid-conversation she says, "The building is shaking. People are running down the stairs. Gotta go. Bye." Then, her pocket calls me back & all I can hear is foot steps and fire trucks! You can imagine what I'm thinking at this point. Needless to say, it was an interesting day! Again, glad everyone is okay. Wouldn't want to be you, East Coast or West Coast lol.

*Amber*