Finally Snagged One

VTAndrea

Hi well I would think it is a new marble. A lot of artist and for sure Scott made a few along with Mike Edmondson for sure Mike and Scott for sure tried oxblood cullet but was to dirty and left holes and other issues like on your marble and just hard to work with , they then went to old bricks as that worked good .

Mike Edmondson did use a signature chip on some ?

Then as far as oxblood Mike Petura mad his own .

I think just to much white to be old also .

but what ever this is a nice looking marble will look great in a collection . Mike

here are the bricks that would have been used instead of cullet .

SZbricksforremelting20F.jpg

more bricks

SZbricksall9.jpg

here are some cullet bricks

SZculletbricks21F.jpg

SZculletbricks23F.jpg

Mike Edmondson oxblood did some with cullet I just do not have any . these are from beat up bricks

SZMikeEdmondson28F.jpg

SZMikeEdmondson29F.jpg

SZMikeEdmondson31F.jpg

SZMikeEdmondson32F.jpg

a few of Mike Petura he made his own oxblood when he made these for me look at the one with an M .

SZMikePetura33F.jpg

SZMikePetura6F.jpg

SZMikePetura4F.jpg

now for a few from Scott might see some resemblance to your marble ??

SZScottPatrick35F.jpg

SZScottPatrick36F.jpg

SZScottPatrick38F.jpg

SZScottPatrick40F.jpg

SZScottPatrick41F.jpg

this is what every one wants to copy ??

SZrealoxblood22F.jpg

well what ever it is a very pretty marble Mike

Thanks for the education. I shoulda known better after all this time but my brain is getting lazy. The seller has already refunded my money. It's good to have the Scott Patrick ones to compare to, thanks Mike. It's a pretty marble but not worth my bid if it's new, IMO. I really don't collect contemporaries.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it isn't a point about respect of signing or engraving a contemporary marble - in my case, I have lost my fine motor skills to sign one. I tried several times and it looks as if an overactive 1st grader ate too much candy and ruins the marble when trying to sign/engrave it...lol

Hey Rich, why don't you sign with something even more simple than initials, such as an X or an O and nothing else. Louis Comfort Tiffany used to sign his 'Favrile' glass that wasn't for sale with an X and he used an O if it was intended as a gift. No siggy, just an X or an O. Hard to screw up an X.

And Derrick, OMG what a beautiful brick collection. It is really coming along very well! :jumping-1020: