Akro?????

zaboo

Also, a new old fashion

http://www.ebay.com/...7#ht_500wt_1156

I think it's odd that people feel bad for the "new collector" when the majority of this board's members think Galen has a jabo, in hand and thinks it could be a cac.

There's an e-bay seller that has an old dime pictured with every marble that has this title "MARBLES OLD VINTAGE HANDMADE? GERMAN? TORNADO? JABO".

The crappy pic sometimes grabs my eye as a decent marble.......but I think most are Jabo's.

s.gif

<snip>

I think it's odd that people feel bad for the "new collector" when the majority of this board's members think Galen has a jabo, in hand and thinks it could be a cac.

<snip>

Let's see, number of board members is approximately 103 pages of 20 per page, roughly 2000, so a majority is more than 50%... so more than 1000 people have stated that Galen's marble in question is a Jabo. And the number of posts to that thread is 11 (not counting Galen's remarks) only one of which definitely states that it is Jabo, so... you are off by about a gazillion percent.

But close.

Yeah, your right. I should have stated that some seasoned collectors believe it to be a Jabo by his pics. And your also right in that, one definitely states it as a Jabo. Others think it's a butt crack.

Thank you for showing me the errors of my ways. My point was only that, not only the new but seasoned collectors can be fooled buy the new Jabo's, including me. Plus, the difference in the price of a Jabo and a CAC puts that error in a hard to swallow light. If it happens enough, it could hurt this hobby. I know Galen has a way better grasp of CAC's than I! Sorry that the wrong word "majority" was used and it diverted you from my point and thrusted you into a mathematical loop. mon

Also, a new old fashion

http://www.ebay.com/...7#ht_500wt_1156

There's an e-bay seller that has an old dime pictured with every marble that has this title "MARBLES OLD VINTAGE HANDMADE? GERMAN? TORNADO? JABO".

The crappy pic sometimes grabs my eye as a decent marble.......but I think most are Jabo's.

s.gifAnd, as I recall, the antique handmades he sells he starts at $9.99, while the Jabos are at $.99. I don't look at them any more. But the "Akros" surprise me because he is spot on with some of the more difficult ones to recognize. Marblesteve

Just a word to the wise, be wary of trading with gremlin*** he/she (they?) are very difficult to deal with. I never named them before but since seeing this thread I feel the need to tell everyone about it.

I had a terrible time with them last year concerning the sale of a lot of same run Popeyes, They hawked the auction in the last 5 seconds, then gave me grief about some of the Popeyes not being fully corked; they insisted the mibs were patches. They demanded that I take back part of the sale and give a partial refund, I refused and instead insisted for a return of the entire lot for a full refund. When I filed a 'cancel transaction with Ebay to avoid the selling fees and do a refund, they refused the Ebay form and instead opted to keep the lot. I have since blocked this Ebayer from bidding on any of my sales. Deal with this one at your own risk.

For reference: