What's A Good Price For A Rare One With Damage?

A few days ago I bid on a peltier golden rebel, but this time I made sure it was real (lol) but it has a chip on the side but the rest is wet.

What would be a good price for this even though it has damage? yay! only 1 and 2 hrs left, and still the high bidder!

Rylee

It might be a good opportunity until a nicer one comes along. Not everyone can afford the premium these seem to bring mint. Some will say to hold out for a M one but your call. Ditto on the polishing, you'd probably remove too much of the good stuff (aventurine, red turns to orange etc)

I think you have to decide for yourself if you have a problem collecting damaged marbles. Don't worry about what others think. Most people typically only display one side of a marble anyways and that marble may spend the the rest of your lifetime with the good side displayed. Buying damaged marbles is a great way to add beautiful marbles to a collection for cheap. It is your collection. Collect what you like and pay what it is worth to you. I hope you won the marble and nobody sniped it away from you because of your post here.

Don't be in a hurry, is the best advice I ever heard for marble collectors. Save the coins for an example you will always be happy to have. Then there is no problem trying to unload the damaged ones and you will always be proud and satisfied with the one you have. Just my thought on the subject.

well if this is the auction and your are the bidder I think besides the big chip there are other issues . If I saw this in the wild and was suffering from a marble addiction that need a fix I think I would buy it for $10.00 but when I got home might say Why did I do that . . I bet the more you think, the more you would like to pass ?? Mike

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a71af6e7c

post-94-0-24005200-1332091609_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-16462400-1332091618_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-67043800-1332091626_thumb.jpg

I think the empasis on perfection is so sad... Sure, a marble that's been beat to hell..... Well, that's to bad!!

But, a small chip?

If we looked at all historical artifacts that way, the Coliseum, Tower of Pisa and Stonehenge would all have been replaced with condos by now!!

Sure, marbles aren't that old or rare.... But, appreciating each one's beauty is far more important than discarding it for being used the way it was intended....

As long as it is price effective.... So, what would be a good price?

Several years ago a collector gave me a damaged GR because I didn't have one and couldn't afford a nice one. I'm still looking for just the right one for my Peltier collection, but when I find it, I'll give the damaged one to a new collector who doesn't have one yet. That's how new friendships happen.... right Catfish? So go ahead and get it if you can, then down the road make a new friend.

Bob

Several years ago a collector gave me a damaged GR because I didn't have one and couldn't afford a nice one. I'm still looking for just the right one for my Peltier collection, but when I find it, I'll give the damaged one to a new collector who doesn't have one yet. That's how new friendships happen.... right Catfish? So go ahead and get it if you can, then down the road make a new friend. Bob

Yep!!!

well....... I was alittle out of luck yesterday, before the weather got bad in Texas yesterday I went out to our small river to ride 4-wheelers and every once in awhile I would check my phone on ebay to find that i was still winning.......then we got back in to town and there was 2 min. left (still the high bidder) and then i checked again to find more bids ahead of mine I tried to outbid but WHOOPS! too late outbid.... but all of you are right I should wait for another nicer one to come! thank you everyone for the help!!!!