O/t- Need Thoughts And Prayers Please

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi EVERYBODY,

Big John asked me to give all of you an update. He is frustrated! And still sick. They have him on a new antibiotic and hopefully that will be at least a temporary fix. He is also working on trying to get some health coverage going so that more tests can be done and more treatment. He would greatly appreciate continued support in your thoughts and prayers. Greatly appreciated!

Marlene

Hi again EVERYBODY,

Before I forget I want to put an email address out here and then I'll put out some more information.

The email address is: [email protected] That's Big John's email address.

He needs surgery and also needs one of his daughters to stay with him afterwards. He doesn't have enough money for either one. (She would need help with transportation costs to get to him). The doctor wanted him to go straight to the hospital but he felt that he had to go home. No money for hospital, surgery, home care afterwards, etc. He has a herniated intestine that will soon be strangled off and will cause him further illness and will lead to his death. He is in the process of applying for various assisted health care but that always involves waiting and waiting...

If anyone has any suggestions other than what I am about to suggest, please feel free to write to him or to me or to the open board here.

I am going to be sending him some money at his email address.

He has always been a kind person and friendly to me. I do not know him personally except for on this board. I am in Minnesota and have been living with my man for over 15 years. So it isn't a romantic thing or anything like that. I just want to help him now before it is too late.

So I'm going to cut back on my marble buying and other little extras to help a marble buddy Big John.

If any of the rest of you would want to do the same, I am sure you will hear from him about how much it is appreciated. If we can even get a few hundred dollars to him, I know it would make a world of difference. He could get his daughter to his side and have some money for a few expenses like FOOD etc. He could at least start with the process of keeping himself ALIVE.

I'm not good at asking people to do things for some pie-in-the-sky reason, but this is our friend, our MarbleConnection friend, Big John.

That's all I got. I'm sending him some cash and I hope anyone else who cares about him will, too.

Hi EVERYBODY,

I asked Big John for his street address and I will let you know as soon as I get it.

He is so thankful for any help, but embarrassed to need it. Well, we all need a little help sometimes so...

Between the pain and infection, I think he just wants me to try and keep updating everyone until he feels better and more clear-headed.

He's been to the doctor twice and has some meds to pay for also. And he will be applying for some health care now. His daughter is coming to stay with him soon.

He would like all of YOUR ADDRESSES so he can send a little care package at some point in the future. Probably p.m. would be best for that.

If anyone has any suggestions, corrections, whatever, I'd appreciate any ideas. I'm kind of muddling along here!

Marlene

Big John posted a reply under the new forum I obnoxiously made :) called About Big John. I'll try to copy it and post it beneath this note.

from Marlene (John's new "big sister") P.S. I don't think it's going to let me copy his post. Please go to the new "About Big John" for an update from the man himself.

well, im still kicking, working on step one and finally after all this time i think we have a plan to get my daughter up here this weekend,, thats what this has been all about(step one), with you guys help i have the money to do that,, had my first interview with insurance people yesterday and they actually sounded like they were concerned enough to expidite the forms i needed for getting the doctors opinion on what i need which is so much further than i have ever gotten with these people,, so im a fighter i live on laxitives and think i mighta lost a little weight to keep that stuck feeling i have when this mass just gets as hard as a rock when it gets stuck,, im hanging in there,, i sure am enjoying all the post you guys are making, its pretty much the highlight of my day to come on here and look at all the beautiful mibs you all have, trust me i live a simple life so pictures are great enough for me to feel all warm and fuzzy,, lolol,,,, i figure if i can keep things moving out im doing ok, i just want that insurance in place before i go under the knife which i hate to admit am scared to death of, but i know it needs to be done, im just glad im going to have someone here so i dont go through this alone,, Thanks again for all your help,,, bj

Just read all your posts bj, and so happy your son-n-law has pulled through, you have beeeaauuutiful grandbabies! Wow, what alot you have been going through lately, God has been watching over u.

wanted you to know I will keep u and your family in prayers as well. My dad had prostrate surgery couple of yrs ago, and is doing much better. I remember his struggle before and it didn't seem like much fun, and painful. I pray for whoever needs to get your insurance moving along gets it done quickly! Love ya bj, and love your carvings, pray you are healed quickly after surgery.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

still here,, lost internet for a little,, got my second denial for medical help, apparently a drivers license and a copy of my ss card wasnt good enough to prove i was a us citizen, i havent been asked for my birth certificate for like 30 years so i had to order another from another state where i was born,, well, they have to send a form, then you send it back, yaddah yaddah,, i finally got it but wasnt in the time frame they(medical help people) wanted so instead of saying, we will accept you with a condition of me getting a copy of the birth certificate to them , instead they flat out denied me,, so this one i could appeal so i did, they called me to confirm, and read on the note that i sent about having to order the BC, so they suggested i re-applied instead of appealing,, im not sure why, the first time around was pretty hard getting all the info they wanted, so im debating weather to go ahead with the appeal instead of reaplying, i have the BC now so you'de figure thats i would need to bring to the appeal... big political mess,, very discouraged, angry, frustrated,, what else is there,, yea and pissed off,,, never was good at paperwork, i thought i did a good enuff job with what i sent in,,,,,, sorry for not responding to emails, im just really upset, especially this time of year..... Thanks for your prayers i still need them bad... bj

John, In this new world of law suites and CYA it is always easiest to just play the game and do what they ask you to do. Don't take it personal. With all the bureaucratic BS every one has to follow these days someone is probably just covering their ass. If you can just assume someone would loose their job and livelihood if they don't do things right it may make it easier on you. Don't fight just go with the flow.. No one is picking on you. your just a victim of your own circumstances.