O/t- Need Thoughts And Prayers Please

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im getting updates when they come in, this is from my daughter:

Chris went through surgery. He is in critical condition right now. They are doing an MRI to see how much damage was done because they had to remove some brain matter. They said that he had the stroke two days ago... And this could have been prevented. They do not know if he will make it through this.

Thanks everyone, my daughters having it rough,, another update(below), its looking better, still not out of the woods yet,, long road ahead of them, i just hope she can hold it together,,

Chris opened his eyes for me! I'm so glad. He's fighting so hard for his family and his babies. I love him so much.

updating as they come in,, wow, thanks to all of you,, this could have went the wrong way fast after surgery, not sure of what his motor functions will be after what they had to take out of his head, but this last update is better news

This morning I went in to check up on him and he was trying to pull the tubes out of his mouth. I knew he was stubborn. He was also opening his eyes up without commanding him to. I'm so proud of him.

update as of an hour ago,, thanks again guys and gals, it means alot,, hes really not that old,,, i guess theres going to be heck to pay because he went to one hospital and they told him there was nothing wrong so they sent him home, later he got worse so they took him to a different hoapital and they life flighted him to morgantown,, i have no idea what that means,, hospital,,, this is the latest update

Just letting everyone know that Chris still has a fever but they are going to help him to cool down with a cooling blanket.

she added:

So, I was trying to play some videos of quintin and ally for Chris and he started breathing faster and stronger. I wish there was more I could do.

i dont know if you guys/gals like these updates, but i do because we still need prayers, chris is the father of 2 of 3 of my grandkids, shawna and him were supposed to get married at some point, so this has been very trying for her,,

Update 10 minutes ago,

We really need your prayers right now. I keep posting the positive stuff they are telling us from the hospital, but with the good comes the bad. He has stopped responding to commands. I'm not sure if it's from the sedation or if it's from not being able to function. They did another cat scan, but they have not come back with the results. His temperature continues to spike up, and his blood pressure keeps going up. If you believe in miracles, we are asking for one now.

BJ, we are thinking and praying for you and the family here from Illinois. Its tough and many things go thru your mind at this point. Noone knows what the outcome may be but ONE, and remember, He knows best. Keep looking up and have very strong faith, prayers still coming your way buddy. Chuck G--

Thanks again Folks,,

40 minutes ago

UPDATE: The doctors took the drainage tube out of his brain because he doesn't have anymore fluid on his brain. He is still running a temp, but they think he has pneumonia. So, they sent off for a culture to see if that is where the fever is coming from. They got his blood pressure under control to the point that it made it too low. But they are keeping a cooling blanket under him so his fever doesn't go up. They changed all his tubing. His cat scan came back good. They did an EKG. So much information to tell, but it looks like the prayers are helping! Thank you everyone.

i guess we all knew what this type injury can do for the outcome results, if anything keep my daughter and kids in your daily prayers, they need strength to get through this,, thanks,,,bj

update from my daughter

I talked to Chris's dad tonight... Chris's hands and feet are turning purple. He is on a respirator 100%. The doctors are not sure that he will make it. They have taken him off of the sedation medicine and unstrapped his hands. I really don't know what to do. I'm trying to be strong.

update from my daughter about an hour ago

Well, we talked to the doctor about recovery and if it was possible at this point and they said that he can make a complete recovery. The MRI let them know that he didn't have damage to his spinal cord. He doesn't have any infection. They are going to be putting a trach in for his breathing. And a feeding tube. The big thing that we are looking at now is making sure that he doesn't get a blood clot, infection, or another stroke. So, don't give up on us yet! This is good news. We still have to take it day by day :