Found These In Dallas Last Week

Sissy, do you have a pic of the Jabo's?.......Here's a side by side comparison close up of Sammy's row seven.....those are similar, but the ones in post#5 don't seem to have the green

sissy001.jpgsissy002.jpg

Not to say that it’s the one, but here’s a group pic of the Ravenswood type I thought resembled post#5 (courtesy of Alan)

IMG_6081.jpg

Here is another one I sold recently with drizzle........The Orange can be of varying degrees of thickness in these type of ravenswood

ravensdrizzle001.jpg
ravensdrizzle002.jpgravensdrizzle003.jpgravensdrizzle004.jpg
ravensdrizzle005.jpgravensdrizzle006.jpgravensdrizzle007.jpg
ravensdrizzle008.jpgravensdrizzle009.jpgravensdrizzle010.jpg

The orange seediness looks like it could be bubbles…or damage?…..again what size on the post #5 mibs?

marble-7.822313.jpg

These are Sammy's Mountain marbles and they are 9/16th. Since my cataract surgery I find that my brain interprets differently what my eyes see. I saw that seediness as lutz frit in your #5 pic. these do not have the orange, but that's not to say that my small share contains some of every marble made during this run.

blues.6431974.jpg

these are also 9/16ths and they are a different run from the first In this post. There is no seediness in these marbles, but there is orange.

blues-embellished.10975096.jpg

These are a third different run and you can see the gold frit. There is some orange in the ones I have. Yours could be older marbles. Could be vintage, but they reminded me of these. I can't show you JABO's. My pics of JABO's are not handy and i'd have to search. AND I do not have some of every JABO run. I do have some of every Sammy's run. Maybe somebody will find a vintage marble that perfectly matches yours, but yours made me think of these three and one other previously shown.

When i first looked at Rogers blue/orange ones,i thought the same as Edna,some Jabo glittering.

Here are 3 Euro swirls with strange stuff in the orange.

I don't kow,i really do not see much similarity but i also don't see similarity with Ravenswood so......

DSC05700LargeLarge_zps079b26c1.jpg

Thanks Winnie, those do have a lot of crap in the orange, huh. That royal blue is a little different color tho.

Edna, I can see butt-cracks in the Jabos. I'm so glad most of them have them. It really aids in the ID process when all else fails. I have some mibs for you, are you available any time soon? I'll be in Carmine in the next day or so. pm me thnx.

Lesson of the day: Do not use a circle template to accurately measure a mib. Use a nice set of calipers. (thanks willie)

I was off a whole 1/16th of an inch which made a difference in the ID, in parts of this thread. Sorry about that.

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures everyone!!

• 1 month later...