Steph

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, I really like this one Lloyd!

My immediate response was "The flowers are so Summery and the leaf is so Fally."

(But that's so incredibly stupid-sounding that I'd never actually post it!)

So let's ask everyone's favorite art-critic Robert (That's Row-Bear!) what he thinks.

"The simple perfectly balanced graphic outrageousness is so pleasant at first, but

on further contemplation the seasonal disparity becomes disquieting in all its implications.

It's really quite disturbing! I love it!"

Okay! :rolleyes: Robe-Air can be a little dramatic at times. But I guess he said it well enough. ( :

slide_savage_zps98cc0de8.jpg

2009 Transformer Cabinet Mural Projects

In its fourth year, the Transformer Cabinet Mural Project saw eleven local artists painting active and colorful murals on Fort Collins electrical equipment. As a graffiti abatement program that has the Fort Collins Art in Public Places Program working in cooperation with Utilities Light and Power, the project has enjoyed great success in lowering maintenance costs. And of course, it also brings interesting original art to unexpected places in the city.

http://www.fcgov.com/artspublic/transformer_cabinets-2009.php

A bit of Americana, released on Monday 29 June, 1891 - just in time for the 4th of July. I added the clays and use a thin dowel for a cue. Solving it is a challenge. I think the original cue was probably thin and flat, and laid diagonally in pockets for storage in the box. This is the only one like it I have seen. Has anyone else seen one?

Ric545_zps7dc38b3e.jpg

LAMBS IN THE PIT
GET 'EM OUT
THE MOST FASCINATING GAME PUZZLE OUT

DIRECTIONS: Hold the box level and by use of the cue ONLY, put the marbles up in the 4 corner pockets.

PRICE, 10 CTS

M. W. TAYLOR, Pantentee
2706 N. Broad St, Philadelphia

I seem to remember reading about the winner of a speed competition in an old newpaper article but I do not recall specifics. There was a big advertzing blitz in New York and Pennsylvania the weekend before the game came out. Seems it was a hit.

I found this interesting 1 3/8" stone marble in the same collection, as is - inscribed so others would recognize it, I guess.

Ric546_zps24cc11ef.jpg