Do It Yourself Marble Calendar

Steph

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whoops. I haven't visited here for a while. Probably because of subconscious guilt from

not having made more of an effort to contribute lately. I'll try to do better... :blush:

I like the Yellow Jackets. You could make a poster out of it. Very cheery!

Could say the same thing about The Dawg's terrific piece.

But along with cheery, it's also very calming. (And kind of cosmic.)

And instead of the poster, I want an entire wall of it!

I like Hayden's marble too. But as some of you may know, I've always been a fan of 'character'.

As a comedian once sort of said, "I certainly wouldn't want 72 perfect fresh shiny things as my

final reward. Just give me a few tarnished ones that have been around and know what they're doing!"

The Akro contest piece is terrific. I was thinking at first "Gee, that must be pretty old. One hundred

bucks was probably a lot of money." Then I remembered my current circumstances and thought

"Wait a minute! It still is!" But more importantly, when I noticed the precise date involved, that "lot of money"

became even more significant. Life for many was more than a little tough at that particular point in history.

Does anyone (oh of course you do!) know what the ten Akro marbles involved here would have cost at the time?

I'm thinking that a lot of parents of clever kids might have considered the investment a pretty good gamble! ( :

(Would also bet that a lot more girls than usual got the June issue of Boys' Life.)

No,not a marble art thread,it's holding back many people to post,that would be a pity,because there are many people here who make beautiful pictures.

The calender thread is fun,it is accessible to everyone.

Maybe a new calender thread next year?

6veilLarge_zps85a162a8.jpg

Amsterdam wirepulls made by Veiligglas