Marble Sort / Excavation Continues -- Pelt Questions And Other Stuff :)

Steph

I'm gathering all my marbles together and sorting them into pencil boxes which family and friends bought from Wal-Mart clearance for me. I have sooooo many pencil boxes. :D Gotta fill them all!

Sooooooooooooo ... I keep coming across marbles I completely forgot I had. These were all in one batch. :D

What do you call a brown based NLR with red ribbons?

... and do I open the bag? .... I wanna get a better look at one of those marbles. Two blue ribbons on one side, and a wide blue and oxbloody-looking patch on the other.

FromRoger003_cropped_50pct_zps7775b806.j

FromRoger003_cropped_b_zpsd951c9ed.jpg

Nice! I don't think I could bring myself to open the bag, but if I did, I think I'd lift the paper label up as far as I could and use a razor blade to cut a careful small slit just big enough to pop out the marble under the paper so you can't see it without lifting the label.

I don't know what the tan and red NLR is called, burnt zebra sounds good to me. Chuck G. (The other Chuck... the Pelt guru) knows, I'm sure!

berry pink ??? .. bill

There was a little hole in back of the bag which somehow got a little bigger. I don't know how it happened. dunno.gif

Out of the bag it still seems oxbloody on the edges. I'm loving ALL of the colors.

RogerChampionJrBag001_cropped_50pct_zpsb

RogerChampionJrBag017_cropped_50pct_zpsb

Steph, here is my take on this one, in my opinion. Let us all discuss this with open minds for deciding what it actually is. I see everyones excellent thoughts and ideas coming forth that WE ALL can learn from great thoughts. This is, i think peltier all the way first off so where do we go with this. Everyones input is very good and i can see all points leading in many directions. This is what i feel on this specific pelt marble. I would have to lay it into the "Liberty" family type but in the "rainbo" family. Why? What happened in production, was this and (i have examples), a white base rainbo with two blue ribbons riding on on half the marble and two (supposedly) red ribbons on the other half. Ok, the two red ribbons washed out to cover the half marble making it look wildly different leaning towards what we all call a "bi-fracate" halfnhalf very pretty marble. Now for possibly a Kokomo pelt machine made, a fine question and very well could be, but still a pelt machine made marble. These examples are very nice and do come in other colored ribbon type rainbos. Chuck G--

First of all that's one sweet Rainbo, I agree with Chuck that it's Pelt and in the Liberty realm. I know makers sometimes put other makers marbles in their bags but it seems odd that there would be one random marble in with all of those other Rainbos, not sayin that it would be impossible, I'm just sayin...

I think its a rainbo and has nothing at all to do with the NLR Liberties. Those were made with a totally different set up at the feeder. and much earlier IMO Looks to me like some glass got hung up and got loose to cover one side of that marble.

Interesting and nice marble, I was thinking it looked a little Kokomoish,--- new word---- DB.

Me too -- but it being in a bag took it out of Kokomoish for me. Now I got to worry about my two (supposed) Kokomos . . .