Is this a legit CAC guinea?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152054957002

I only own guinea halves but based on previous threads here, this one struck me as looking modern and/or torched. Am I wrong or?

Note: I have no idea who the seller is or what their reputation is. This is simply me, an inexperienced CAC person, asking a sincere question.

Edited by bumblebee
disclaimer to avoid stepping on toes

Wow.  And here it is again.  Probably whoever bought it returned it.  Or sent it to this seller for resale in hopes of recouping some money.

I bought marbles from this seller on occasion, way back when, and never had a problem.  Average marble knowledge, decent middle-of-the-road marbles, more-or-less in the condition described.  But I haven't bought anything from her in a few years.  She may not know it's not . . . as described.

I am the seller who has the Genuine Guinea listed on ebay, It was first purchased by someone with 0 feedback and I never received payment or had any response from the bidder so after I contacted ebay I was credited my listing fee and relisted it. Its been looked at by two other reputable marble collectors and they both agree with me that it is NOT a contemporary marble... 

I was lucky enough to purchase a large group of Christensen marbles and the Guinea was among the lot, it also had 12 mint Christensen Bricks which I listed in a lot together, I put a minimum reserve of $700 on them and I had two bidders to bid ridiculous amounts just so they could reveal my reserve then cancel their bids... I am going with my own opinion and with my two colleagues and stand by this marble.

id retraction and cancellation history
s.gif Everyone can see that a bid has been retracted, but only you and the bidder can see the explanation
s.gif Bidder Action Date of Bid and Retraction
s.gif the2nortonss.gif( 4622Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) Retracted: US $48,999.00
Explanation: Entered wrong amount
Bid: Mar-25-16 17:45:26 PDT
Retracted: Mar-25-16 17:48:26 PDT
s.gif psia-antiques.gif( 1476Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) Retracted: US $2,117.17
Bid: Mar-22-16 13:51:11 PDT
Retracted: Mar-22-16 13:57:54 PDT

4 hours ago, ladybugz said:

I was lucky enough to purchase a large group of Christensen marbles and the Guinea was among the lot, it also had 12 mint Christensen Bricks

s.gif Bidder Action Date of Bid and Retraction
s.gif the2nortonss.gif( 4622Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) Retracted: US $48,999.00
Bid: Mar-25-16 17:45:26 PDT
Retracted: Mar-25-16 17:48:26 PDT
s.gif psia-antiques.gif( 1476Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) Retracted: US $2,117.17
Bid: Mar-22-16 13:51:11 PDT
Retracted: Mar-22-16 13:57:54 PDT

12 Christensen bricks?  Do you mean M. F. Christensen?

Nice marbles.  It just sounded like she was saying "Christensen bricks" like you would say "Christensen guinea."  Like they were made by the same company.

Not making that distinction is a pet peeve of mine.  It's so misleading.

Lisa,

i don't agree with bidders trying to expose your reserve with high bids. They could simply ask you and if you are not willing to share they should have leave the auction alone after bidding their highest bid.

As for the Guinea auction, someone appearantly thought it was a fake marble and tried to kill the auction. Your best bet against these type of people is to get better pictures and descriptions. That will be your best defense.

I own three Guineas. Two cobalt based and one amber based. In my MNSHO, this is a contemporary. Provence or not. Every Guinea I've seen has stretched colors, not the blobs of color on this one.

Guinea.jpg