90 years later

Steph

10 minutes ago, jmac said:

Ya,perfect knockoffs,folks get ur millers dusted off and get em ready to list on the bay...Quickly!!!

You choose this for your first post?

I mean, welcome to the site and all, but this thread is a celebration of the preservation of history.  Please don't derail the thread with negativity.  

Thanks.  

10 minutes ago, Steph said:

You choose this for your first post?

I mean, welcome to the site and all, but this thread is a celebration of the preservation of history.  Please don't derail the thread with negativity.  

Thanks.  

Obviously doesn't like antiques. Probably collects Vacor. :)

Reality is not negativity,and Road&tunnel,shamrock,patrick,etc...and even your oxblood transitionals i got burned on with pontils,"before you started signing them"did Not come from a gob feeder!!! I'm not posting to start s@#t, but i'm not rolling over either,I've had in hand mibs made at dave o's in reno way back,where they would have lampworkers with there station's, and offhand workers with their color pots right next to the screws a rollin,with the day tanks not even lit !!! PLEASE !!!

Obviously Dude,it must be you that collects vacor,because apparently you haven't been in the game long enough to have new collectors super excited that have vacors in their new collection,stepping up to a $50,$100 or higher denomination mib, and showing seasoned collectors,only to find out its a knockoff or repop !!! Is it just me,or is there a open thread in real time discussing fake popeye boxes,you've got to be joking !!! Lol

Brian, this thread took a direction I didn't want it to go. 

If you would like to start a different thread with some informational posts about the project, we can designate it a safe zone and keep the not-so-happy posts in threads like this one.

Jmac, do you want news about the project posted or not? If you feel strongly about it, one would think you'd like the information to be available.  Dedicating your first posts to dire implications about the project doesn't seem conducive to keeping the lines of communication open.  

I think this is all about the fun of trying to make marbles on an historic old marble machine...Brian isn't attempting to replicate old marbles....

I fully support this cause with all due enthusiasm and excitement.

Best of luck to you Brian, Boyce would be proud and thrilled....

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:27 PM, migbar said:

I think this is all about the fun of trying to make marbles on an historic old marble machine...Brian isn't attempting to replicate old marbles....

I fully support this cause with all due enthusiasm and excitement.

Best of luck to you Brian, Boyce would be proud and thrilled....

What he ^^^^^ said.

Pretty cullet. I have never played with marble company cullet and have no plans to start doing so. For one thing I would rather work with glass that I know the expansion rate of and it is way more interesting to batch my own colors. Attached is a pic of a chalcedony glass marble that I made awhile back. This is only one color of glass. It comes out of my furnace like this. This stuff is magical to work with.

silver_marble.jpg

10 hours ago, akronmarbles said:

Pretty cullet. I have never played with marble company cullet and have no plans to start doing so. For one thing I would rather work with glass that I know the expansion rate of and it is way more interesting to batch my own colors. Attached is a pic of a chalcedony glass marble that I made awhile back. This is only one color of glass. It comes out of my furnace like this. This stuff is magical to work with.

silver_marble.jpg

Wow!  Wonder why our heroes (Early, Fielder, Leighton) never played with it?

Maybe in your spare time you can put together a comprehensive reenactment of glass marbles like the CMOG did with Venetian glass: http://renvenetian.cmog.org/