Marbles that aren't perfectly round

Hi.  Those were made by Jabo.  While I do know a champion marble player who loves to play with Jabos, the Jabo Classics (which these are) were more of a side run by a company which specialized in industrial marbles.  It wasn't a mass playing marble operation so they didn't worry so much about the marbles being perfectly round. 

No collector value at all and most kids will not want them because they are to out of round.  Look fine in a flower pot, flower bed or aquarium. Use as decoration or toss them. 

I used to know a few guys who collected "footballs". But that was years ago at Amana, Iowa. I am sure they have moved on to other types.

If I remember right they were about $2 to $5. They are somewhat unusual. If you like em - keep em.

B-80

• 1 year later...

I have quite the collection of them myself. A great number of which are rare multi colored Akro cork mistakes, I had a friend come over the other day and while he was looking through a curio stopped and asked me if he was seeing thing's or those marbles were really ( as he said ) all funny lookin.

Nice one, for some reason I can't pass one up, unless it's really beat on. Year's ago I thought that these out of round's or footballs where what collectors looked for, kinda like coin's, part of my " get rich quick scheme " as a kid before the marble bug 🐛 got me. Iv'e taken a few pictures to show on the post just waiting for my buddy to come over and down load them. He's still stuck " Labradoodle sitting " to much work for me to flush down the tube w/ one wrong stroke of the key.