My first Akroware

Steph

3.5 inches.  With oxblood and uranium.   Pictures by Dani.   It was more impressive in person than I expected.  My heart sped up as I took it out of the mailer.  And it's got  the little crow on the bottom.  *squeal*

9YZzNtS.jpg

It is like marbles. They seem to multiply. Before long you have two or three cabinets full.  The oxblood pieces stand out. There is so much more oxblood on these as compared to a marble. I wanted a Grandad pot, the largest one Akro made. Then all of a sudden I had seven of them.  They made some nice pieces and some are very rare and high priced. But the Akroware prices have declined big the last 2-3 years. 

DSC04886.JPG

DSC04887.JPG

DSC04888.JPG

DSC04890.JPG

8 hours ago, schmoozer said:

Maybe 15 years ago I lost an eBay auction on a painted grand daddy pot at $600. I was crushed, but my wife at the time was so mad I had bid that much that she changed my eBay password.

oh noooo .... that's sad .... and hilarious

9 hours ago, schmoozer said:

I’ve got 4 tubs of akroware that need a new home...

I would pop right up and offer to help with that, but I guess I need to wait to see where the stock market bottoms out.  :o

I wonder if Ron’s cat has a marble related name, too.  Both my cats had names when I got them and I didnt have the heart to change them.  Otherwise, I might have named my cats Peewee and Bombucha (what we called those large marbles in Hawaii). That would be an interesting post. To find out what marbles were called in different regions.

2 hours ago, Marbleized said:

I wonder if Ron’s cat has a marble related name, too.  Both my cats had names when I got them and I didnt have the heart to change them.  Otherwise, I might have named my cats Peewee and Bombucha (what we called those large marbles in Hawaii). That would be an interesting post. To find out what marbles were called in different regions.

Bibi had her name when we got her.   She was almost 3 years old.   And she's the most responsive cat I've ever seen to her name.  So no changing it.  

Somewhere around here I have a thread where I was keeping track of the different marble names I had seen.  I think I slid some foreign names in there, but mostly it was about names from different times in history.  

On 2/28/2020 at 10:25 PM, Marbleized said:

Cool.  I love tabbies-- and not just because they have "M's" on their heads.  😆 I'll see if I can find your thread. Thanks!

Tabbies are the best! 😺