Ok maybe i'm a little bored....

Berryb

but how about marbles you have that you wish were in better shape, like round at least.  There is a topic about marbles you wish you still had. But I'm talking about mibs that you have that are too bad to even be place holders. I have some pretty chewed up marbles, but this one is the top of my junk pile. In nice condition it would a cornerstone of my collection, but this 17/32nds green brick has an actual corner. Photos don't do justice to the tragedy that is this marble. Thanks

Bruce

bad brick 1.jpg

bad brick 2.jpg

bad brick 3.jpg

That is a beautiful marble!  I've never even seen one of those "in hand".  Here's one (nothing fancy like yours) that, as I rolled some marbles around in a tray, I got all excited over until I gave it a roll and saw the chip. My heart dropped for a minute.  But, I will hold on to it for a while because I might be able to strategically display it on a shelf or something... Great topic, btw!  IMG_4611.thumb.jpg.6c2cb7f45961eec91f8762346645f82f.jpg

I really don't like seeing damage on a marble unless it is an old Agate shooter. So they all go into the box that gets thrown out at the playground, Kids have found some really nice marbles! But I am a picky old fart. I lied, there are a couple old German Handmades around here with a little damage 

This one has a sizable chip in it -- which you get a glimpse of at the bottom of this view.  But if it were in better shape I probably wouldn't have been able to get it.  And from most angles there's no heartbreak at all. 

w63QuX2.jpg