Chad G.

Here are a few picture's of the mib's I keep out. Trying to make room, need some idea's !! I have some gumball machine's full and the dome's I use aren't for marble's , they had thimble's in them, so I removed the thimble's and sat my mib's on rubber o ring's, very sturdy, next best thing to drilling hole's.

curio1.PNG

d66.PNG

curio15.PNG

d69.PNG

1 (411).JPG

1 (437).JPG

1 (435).JPG

1 (436).JPG

1 (540).JPG

Edited by Chad G.
shorten post, additional print

I just got a whole new room in my house.  We had a housemate living in the attic and now he has moved out.  So if I can't organize my marbles now and set up some displays, then I am a lost cause.  

.... but will have to get back with you.  

11 minutes ago, Steph said:

I just got a whole new room in my house.  We had a housemate living in the attic and now he has moved out.  So if I can't organize my marbles now and set up some displays, then I am a lost cause.  

.... but will have to get back with you.  

Don't have another room, lookin for ideas ?? The gumball machine's are pushin it, I don't like the chance of my mib's rubbing like that, they're gonna stay put for a while. Can't cover my wall's w/ print drawer's, guess I'll just box em up and rotate em every once in a while," I don't know " guess thing's could be worse, I can't really call it a problem.

5 hours ago, Al Oregon said:

You can always put the marbles in plastic trays (labeled) and stack the trays to save space.  Then pull them out to show as needed.  Small trays of 25 for marbles up to 11/16 and larger trays of 35 that hold a little larger marbles.

Display Case - Lg (35) 01.JPG

Display Case - Sm (25) 01.JPG

"Thanks Al"  I just wanna see all the different way's people display their mib's, I've even got some built into spinning wind twisters , hang on I'll post it. A few more on the porch, out in the weather, still nice.

1 (720).JPG

1 (719).JPG

1 hour ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

This is one of the displays I put together years ago and am gladly looking forward to putting 'er back on the wall (terrible focus I know).

Nice marbles Chad. Digging the Pelts and Handmades.  Let me know if this pic works.

DSCN6507.JPG

Great job man, pic look's fine, excellent display, something like I was thinking of, some type of wall mount w/ louvered light's shinning down from the top onto the mib's ??

2 hours ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

Glad the pics work, and thanks for the complement.

In my case it was louvered window blinds (southern exposure light).  It's an old pic.

I like the mirror idea also, ad's a bunch of light and give's you a view of the entire mib.

7 hours ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

This is one of the displays I put together years ago and am gladly looking forward to putting 'er back on the wall (terrible focus I know).

Nice marbles Chad. Digging the Pelts and Handmades.  Let me know if this pic works.

DSCN6507.JPG

I'm gonna copy ya man and put a light in about every 2 feet, Gonna give's me lotsa space ( look's like you used old header board's around the outside ??  Killer idea !!  What are you using so the mib's don't roll out ? my little nephew's sticky little finger's get up into hard to reach space's, think I'll cover mine w/ a sliding plexiglass window, just to be safe. That way I can replace it cheap and it won't break.  ( I see the louvered window shade reflection in the mirror now )

Excellent Bruce, I believe allot of people who collect have the space problem you and I do. I like the repurposed mib box you made " great idea", the wall mount I'm going to make will most likely also be repurposed wood. "Alright" I see fishin lure's and reel's etc. in the first pic, my little brother had a very nice collection before he passed, a bunch of wooden plug's and still in the box lure's I would stumble across the occasional old reel and give it to him. "Nice post Bruce", I enjoyed it very much./, bring's back some very fond memories of my little Bro.

Regards,

Chad G.

Thanks Chad; My first thing was old fishin' tackle. I got to Marbles about 30 years ago. I then started other collections, when you do most of yer shoppin' at yard sales and junk stores, the more stuff you collect the less likely you are to get skunked.

I bet your Brother had some nice stuff. Lotsa salmon gear? Thanks

Bruce

Way to go , not all marbles but all kool, love the shift knobs and the knives, especially the hand to hand in the first display case. I also have resorted to my wall which isn't a bad choice. That's where I should've gone in the first place. I forgot all about my shadow boxes, those houze lighter's and old shift knob's fit right in w/ those hand mades.  " first rate schmoozer love it ":clap2:

I keep thinking space but it's not here, I'll post some pic's of my humble abode later, wish I had the room you do. "Uh" more Akro creepin into the wood work, it's kinda contagious isn't  it. " very nice collection's " ( I'm also glad all that smoke is gone whew !! )

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

I keep thinking space but it's not here, I'll post some pic's of my humble abode later, wish I had the room you do. "Uh" more Akro creepin into the wood work, it's kinda contagious isn't  it. " very nice collection's " ( I'm also glad all that smoke is gone whew !! )

We built the house with displays in mind. My wife has 4 large displays of her perfume bottles as well.

i had a bunch of AKRO glass that was sitting in storage, recently sold, except for the ashtrays. Blenko glass has a lot more impact when displayed, IMHO.

i still pick up the occasional piece when the $ is right.

There's the difference, I sold my house to my niece and moved into a 2 bedroom appt. what a difference. I had to say goodbye to @ least 1/2 of my stuff, I just left all my tool's, lawn care etc... w/ the house I sold my niece. guess I never needed that much anyway. That's thinkin ahead, Good build :thup:

On 9/19/2020 at 5:38 PM, Berryb said:

Thanks Chad; My first thing was old fishin' tackle. I got to Marbles about 30 years ago. I then started other collections, when you do most of yer shoppin' at yard sales and junk stores, the more stuff you collect the less likely you are to get skunked.

I bet your Brother had some nice stuff. Lotsa salmon gear? Thanks

Bruce

Yes he had some really nice boxed plug's he traded for a car, just a here to there one. I have His old collector's book's and picture's of Him and me fishin to remember Him by. Thanks very much Bruce, I know I'm gonna keep diggin as I'm sure you will also.

On 9/19/2020 at 10:24 AM, Berryb said:

I made this case out of an old window and some lumber wrecked out of an old boat. That's about it for marbles. My mibs need to compete for room with all my other stuff. I just about have my room the way I like it.

display12.jpg

display13.jpg

room1.jpg

room3.jpg

OMG BerryB!  I would love to turn a case like yours into a coffee table!  And that corner is to die for!  I would do that in a heartbeat if my husband gave me the go ahead!  It's like those I Spy books!  Soooooooo interesting to look at! But, you seem to have an eye for making what could be a potential clutter quite organized and eye appealing. Thanks everyone for sharing!  Even Chad's printer tray would be an awesome glass top coffee table.  I need to find someone's garage and a few tools.  The downside of living in a condo.