Named Heaton types

cheese

Well the Heaton digs are officially over now, and there are many to be cleaned still, but some of the nicer notable ones have gotten some attention and acquired names either during the digs or afterwards while cleaning and sorting. I'll kick this off with a few and update periodically, or others who know the new named types are also welcome (encouraged) to contribute. I'll start off with the Heaton Firecracker. It has the classic Heaton ear or circle and tail construction. It is built just like the Heaton Red Rose, just different colors. These also exhibit the clip of color on the back side, just like the Red Roses. The Firecracker has an opaque white base and transparent electric yellow and red ribbon. One of the few Heatons that exhibit the color yellow. All are 5/8" or close. 

Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-Design-73.jpg
DSCN4642.jpg
DSCN4643.jpg
DSCN4644.jpg

• Like 1

My birthday is on the 4th and my favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip !! a coincidence ?? Somebody somewhere knows somethin I don't. !! Great marbles man, keep em comin !! Thank you . " Glad to see your link's working again Chuck "

Chad G.

Here's another. Val fell in love with these as soon as she dug one up. Purple is her color! When we gathered around the washing station at Ron's, this one got held up and Val blurted out "BLACKBERRY!!" and everyone knew that was it's new name. Here are some blackberries :D  They are dark purple translucent base, white ribbon. The purple goes lighter over the white in places. Very blackberry colored is right. 

DSCN4726.jpg
DSCN4656.jpg
Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-56.

• Like 1

Thanks Steph! 

Stephen, that looks like a Blackberry. I though blackish base too until I backlit one. Hit it with a strong light like the one on your cell phone and see if it's not a super rich purple mixed with ruby color. I should take a pic of one backlit.

Nola held this one up and said, "I think this one should be Volcano" and it was a fast unanimous "yes" from the rest of us. Great name Nola! I'm not sure what the base is on these. Maybe the clear but sometimes you barely see the clear and the base is more tan. Sometimes the clear is nice and clear, sometimes it is smoky grey. As usual with Heatons, they vary a good bit. The tan and red are volcanic.

Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-64.
DSCN4774.jpg
DSCN4775.jpg

“Volcano” is  a vey fitting nickname for those !
In the spirit of naming the notable pieces , I would like to propose “Beautyberry” for the scarce opaque black with lavender swirl marble,  which deserve a name . This keeps them under the ‘“Berry Family “ that Val started with the similar “Blackberry “.

Beautyberry is a native shrub of the Eastern woodlands ,with bright purple/lavender berries that are similar to the swirl colors in this marble. I hope this nickname entry gets some consideration. 😁

A6462C7B-D8A6-43FB-B48A-4E9045A7B048.png

Ron picked one of these up and rubbed it on his jeans to get the grime off and held it there and looked at us with the marble held tight to his jeans and said, "same color" and the striations look like the ribs in denim too. So many shades of blue to purple that you can hold it up against just about any pair of blue jeans and it will match. The Heaton Blue Denim. These aren't plentiful but there are enough that they should be available. 

DSCN4758.jpg
Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-65.

The Heaton Honey Biscuit. The base is transparent with ribbons of honey amber and biscuit white. The base looks like transparent honey until you inspect a little closer and see the honey ribbon is in the base making it look that way. I am typing this after eating the props :D

DSCN4951.jpg

DSCN4663.jpg

Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-58.

Now every time i look @ a new Heaton I get hungry, cucumbers, mint chocolate chip, black berry's, honey biscuits, I'm starvin here more pics:pirate: !!! Seriously great pics Chuck, and some delicious unforgettable names, your on a "roll":rimshot: don't stop now.

Regards,

Chad G.

Yeah heh, we must've been hungry when we were naming those things. I don't know how though, we were munching on homemade smokehouse sausage, slices of summer sausage, toast, artisan bacon, etc... I guess all the superhero names are used up and you have to draw from other things to get new names. I think they are all pretty fitting though. There are some more with edible names coming. Didn't realize how many were edibles at the time but that works... Pelts can be comic books and Heatons can be menus :D

Doesn't bother me, the summer sausage reminds me of elk hunting w/ Dad, we always had the elk made into summer sausage and elk burger, fitting indeed sir, deeeeliciouse!!! So are these new Heaton's, keep up the good work all, most memorable names, I'm sure they'll "stick":rimshot: Lunch and mibs sound great !!! Thanks for posting all the pics Chuck. Wait, "Heaton",  "eatin" hmmm............ 

Regards,

Chad G.

The Heaton Oyster. The coloration on these is dead on the name.

Looks just like the meat of an oyster, even the dark purple. It has a translucent base, can vary from almost opaque to very translucent. Has the amber brown coloration to varying degrees throughout the base, and a dark purple swirl. 

Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-Design-80.jpg
Copy-of-Presentation-Untitled-Design-79.
oysters3-2.jpg

Keep em rollin Chuck !!! great pics.

Chad G.