Blue Persian.?

Tommy

This was the Granddaddy of Persian Oxbloods for me, I used to have one in my collection for years, there's no other mib I have ever owned with the same color, I had no I.D. for years, a very early MFC Persian oxblood. I haven't seen this pic for some time & it's probably the only one you'll be able to find of it online. Just a pic of a very rare mib for you to look at, a puzzle for many years for me. The marble I had was a duplicate to this one, I hadn't seen this picture in 12, 15 yrs. before the other day, for all I know it's the same one I owned ?? A beautiful marble, also small, maybe 5/8ths, I remember it well, you don't forget one that looks like this. At least that's the old school I.D. of this one, if changed or provenance has differed other than what I have, please feel free, I'd like to hear anything on this one you have !! Realizing almost every manufacturer had there own rendition of this color, this and the Christensen are the two brightest ones I've ever seen. 

image.png.bce4552caedaaf7250bbf9374b0c8d4a.png

No !! The one I have pictured is an "MFC Persian oxblood" just slipping it in to show one of many manufacturers that made a rendition with the Persian base color. Sorry to confuse, this marble has the "9" on one end Bruce was talking about. 

Courtesy of {MCSA} "Marble collectors Society of America" Many different Persian marbles, can be confusing, you just have to make sure there is provenance behind your claim or state that it's "your opinion" so much information is being exposed and has yet to be exposed, believe me Tommy I'm learning just like you. It is "Never ending " that's part of the fun is the research !! I could keep going but have to leave something for you, "Christensen" not MFC, also made some very rare Persians "have fun " you'll find them also if you dig, all have the Persian base. I've seen these on Ebay and they just sit because nobody knows what they are, and it seems everyone is looking for the "flashy" mibs.

image.png.11995c848bac271bff50468cffe3ab2f.png

Chad: that is almost a direct quote from my Block's book- or he quoted from them. It also has the same photo.  The post above from hdesousa though interests me because it says that not many have the 9 but all seem to have a cut line. This leads me to mine, I always thought it was a lame CAC striped opaque, but it may be a lame Persian turquoise instead. No 9 but a long cut line that can be both seen and felt. It's tempting to call the striping oxblood but I think it's just brown. What do you think. Thanks

Bruce

cac striped op1.JPG

cac striped op2.JPG

cac striped op3.JPG

The {MCSA} Google, "Marble Collectors Society of America" Bob Block runs the site, his phone # is right there if you have any questions, I've called him several times, yes in fact that is Bobs quote that's where I got the info The 9 is" M.F. Christensen & sons "( The one with the seam you have is a " CAC" Christensen Agate Company ) the cut line Hansel is talking about in almost all of them is absolutely uh !! what "Welcome to the land of confusion" Like Steph, I don' know what to say !!

Read this one Bruce, I still don't have everything straight in my head " marble overload "

"Never mind" foiled by copywrite laws again, how do they expect us to ever learn, everyone wants to keep the information so they can make a buck on it, while we dig for scraps " ridiculous" I found a fantastic history of "MFC' akro and CAC but can't post the link because of copywrite laws. It's a couple pages long and explains everything. This sucks, I have so much to share but can't because of those stupid laws. I guess it's not the laws just the people who twist them to "their advantage" Sorry Bruce my hands are tied once again by the "constraints of copywrite laws" a long explanation "google" History of "MFC, CAC & Akro" if you look hard enough you'll be as confused as me, but you will find your answers. As you can tell I to am still a little lost on all this, "a small brain for so much info " I would like to just post a couple links but then that wouldn't be right. Maybe someone else could explain it in shorter order, or better than me, the history is quite extensive with a lot of dates involved.