Can someone help me with this one

Rachel623

99% of the marbles I have pictured are Master!! There is one Imperial, the only white opaque base (bottom center of the group pic ) Not all master come to a point like yours, most all the ones with the same color scheme as yours I have come to a point. Take the master brushed patch for example. some come to a point like yours and others(usually bigger ones) have the (u) horseshoe shape like mine. One end of the horseshoe pattern is convex and the other concave. Just like any manufacture, the mibs will vary widely in appearance over the years, or different runs.  There are certain indicators on every mib with the tell tale signs of the manufacturer. Time & experience are your best friends at this point, I have to be willing to bend a little also, how else will anyone ever learn new information ?? You can buy a cheap set of plastic calipers at any hardware store, $10.00 or less, try harbor freight. or Ace or........ Size can be very relevant to the I.D. of certain mibs, calipers are a must have for any collector, new or old.

Chad-in the friendliest of ways I am calling you out on the 100 percent of your group are masters.  You can twist my arm as much as you like but I will never believe bottom center is not imperial.  I will leave it with that one as it is the only one I am highly confidant on.  Even one mistake ruins it all.  This really is a friendly check.

On 3/1/2021 at 6:00 AM, Nantucketdink said:

Chad-in the friendliest of ways I am calling you out on the 100 percent of your group are masters.  You can twist my arm as much as you like but I will never believe bottom center is not imperial.  I will leave it with that one as it is the only one I am highly confidant on.  Even one mistake ruins it all.  This really is a friendly check.

Hang in Josh , Oop you're right , thanks I don't even know how that thing even got in there, apologies to you Rachel & every one here, I was probably in a hurry & one slipped by. This is a pic of the suspect. 

THE SUSPECT ??

image.png.229332adac7fc39661d2171f361150f5.png

Hmm, I would have taken your position all the way to the bank as well. The thin ribbon you see on the bottom is a shiny copper metalic ribbon (looks kinda like a copper lutz) never seen metalic like that in any imperial, but that's beside the point. I'm going to take some macros of it and resubmit. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Josh , I really do appreciate it. I hate to miss I.D. and thereby mislead anyone. I just fetched the mib, size is 19/32nds dead on. I just looked at it under a 20 x loupe, one seam "convex" and the other "concave" exactly like the first 3 mibs I posted. Forgive the crummy pix, the end shown here is the convex end, it is, "I believe" a master.  I had this in a jar of imperials forever, I was emptying a jar to sell to the thrift store last year during my semi annual culling. The glint of the copper caught my eye and raised my curiosity. I fetched my loupe to look. The copper is not what convinced me of master but it was the construction, unmistakably master, I was quite taken back, same exact construction as the first 3 pix I have posted. No Imperials I've ever seen have this, specific to Master, an I.D. marker. At most Imperials will have a dimple ?? otherwise clean on both ends, no seams. Seeing this poor quality pic would for sure have me doing the same as you Josh. Taking in the fact of a completely white base pointed me immediately away from master & to Imperial. I'll PM you as soon as I get the pix posted Josh, anxious to see what you think after seeing the seams on the ends, very prevalent just like the first 3 pix. Prepare for some mutual( but friendly) arm twisting. Hopefully my friend will be here this week, I have about 300 or more new marble pix to download.  I made the fix "Dink is correct" Thanks for callin me out on that one Josh.

On 2/28/2021 at 10:09 PM, Chad G. said:

My first 3 pics are Master comets & yours is a Master sunburst, just like Akro makes a corkscrew and a sparkler. Almost every manufacturer makes several different mibs. 

So would this be a master and if so which one

80CB7C5F-CCC2-4A5C-8BF4-7ABED2009044.jpeg

680474B5-4275-4234-8DA1-8F12BE850AF0.jpeg

D3C6A966-DF18-4FD1-944A-27C0A555362C.jpeg

2A6BD846-5D46-4143-A419-10A1A185DC04.jpeg

9446469A-A043-4069-BDE7-3F8AFDEB6F90.jpeg

50D77514-A5EC-4221-80BF-B20350BCEEC9.jpeg

On 3/3/2021 at 9:24 AM, wvrons said:

Master.  Where have you searched to find the difference between a Master Comet or Sunburst ? 

You're right Ron, my bad !! please excuse, the first 3 pics are sunbursts not comets !! Went to WVMCC, guess my memory is gettin as bad as my body. I should direct the apology to Rachel, which I do.

6 hours ago, Rachel623 said:

So this isn't a sunburst? And these are more rare? Do know what there value might be possibly?

It could have been sold as a Sunburst.  The name is fuzzy in my opinion.   When the name started out it was a very distinct style.  Then the look of Masters changed drastically and lines got blurred.    "Brushed patch" is a descriptive name used by collectors.  It's more informative than whatever name Master might have used for it.  :thup: 

I agree the Sunburst name is fuzzy or can be argued many times.  I don't place a lot of value with names any more. Many names have been stretched so far that the original intent or meaning has been lost. There is not much difference in value with most Comets, Sunburst, or Brushed Patches by Master. Most master are in the  $3.00 to $5.00 range. There are a few Masters that get higher values. The darker the colors are and less colors equals less the value. The better ones have bright colors and usually a good amount of clear.