3x Veiligglas original net + 600 Jar

eggie

Excellent, love Veiligglas, some of the best stacked flame patters I have ever seen, I wish they were more prevalent over here. I gave mine to a friend who collects them in Italy. Yes the tags would be a plus but still in the bag, a great find :thup:  I was wondering, do you know which one of these bags is harder to come by ?? older, newer ??

veiligglas 1.PNG

veiligglas net bag.PNG

On 4/23/2021 at 12:44 PM, Chad G. said:

Excellent, love Veiligglas, some of the best stacked flame patters I have ever seen, I wish they were more prevalent over here. I gave mine to a friend who collects them in Italy. Yes the tags would be a plus but still in the bag, a great find :thup:  I was wondering, do you know which one of these bags is harder to come by ?? older, newer ??

veiligglas 1.PNG

veiligglas net bag.PNG

I think de bag with the paper label with the kids is harder to find and a little bit older. And i think both packages are from the 1960's... Probaly veiligglas had a lot of stock sold and it can take years to sell these

9 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Thanks eggie for all the great info, wow they must have had a tremendous amount of stock. By the way "Great Mibs" :thup:  Love em !!

Thanx, these transparant marbles in the jar are  in less spectaculair and often lower quality

The better ones i keep apart 

6 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Lookin good !! Do your have any stacked like these, not mine but this is what I am looking for !!

image.png.a7d6456307bd163601ceb0051362f4ed.png

image.png.6084a0f71a99e298b5112fea2905781e.png

image.png.be7a22907d8bf41fa1495f131fd5d37d.png

6 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Lookin good !! Do your have any stacked like these, not mine but this is what I am looking for !!

image.png.a7d6456307bd163601ceb0051362f4ed.png

image.png.6084a0f71a99e298b5112fea2905781e.png

image.png.be7a22907d8bf41fa1495f131fd5d37d.png

Only a few i thought,  Keep it For myself

4 hours ago, Chad G. said:

No, I don't want yours eggie, just saying those are my favorites with the colored ones you have pictured a close second, some great mibs, all of them

Ok, thanx, it is for me very hard to get such nice pictures you showed. I need a better camera.

3 hours ago, eggie said:

Ok, thanx, it is for me very hard to get such nice pictures you showed. I need a better camera.

The pix & the marbles are from right here on the forum eggie, I'll post the thread link for ya below, just click on it !! As for the pix I only wish those were my mibs, I'm still lookin !!

LINK https://marbleconnection.com/topic/21465-mostly-pix-veiligglas/page/3/

The net bags with the tag Made in West Germany is some misleading. As the marbles were made in the Netherlands. We had a discussion about this a few years back when people thought these marbles were made in Germany. They may have been old stock marbles that were packaged and sold in Germany. But maybe not actually the marbles made there as the tag states. Maybe the bag was Made in West Germany. This has happened for other companies. I have seen Jabo marbles bagged and sold with labels stating made in WV.  Which is not correct. Maybe the bag was made in WV, but not the marbles.  Like Fenton marbles. Fenton glass never ever made one single marble. Fenton furnished some glass and Marble King made the marbles. But the bag label states  Fenton Art Glass Marbles.  They are marbles made by Marble King with Fenton Glass. I still see one of these bags once in a while at shows being sold as Fenton marbles.  Fenton sold these bags of MK marbles in their on site gift shop until they closed for good.  So the plastic net bags with tags Made in West Germany may contain older marbles. The plastic net bags may be a much later newer date than the paper label bags.  Plus being plastic net is much newer than the old mesh net bags.  Also the smaller the hole size of the mesh net, the older the mesh net is. That is small holes or tight mesh with the paper label bag. Probably a very early Veilgglas marbles bag. 

On 4/23/2021 at 6:44 AM, Chad G. said:

veiligglas 1.PNG

What's the estimated age for these bags?  I was able to acquire some a while ago  and they looked almost brand new.  1st thought NOS or Fantasy Bag... but the white/blue/green example in one bag looked way too nice to put in a fantasy bag.  Got a pic around here somewhere