12 hours ago, browncat73 said:

Thanks, i'm still working my way through a ton of marbles trying to get everything sorted out, so hopefully will come across more pelts.  The track is an old slot car Scalextric track, it actually works really well with the mibs.image.thumb.jpeg.a36d073f72343bb0bb99b9cc2a36ed92.jpeg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

Killer track & Killer Rainbo  :thup:  Thanks a million for addin the pix Adam, backlit even  :)  BTW, nice track, perfect neutral grey background color to take mib pix.

26 minutes ago, browncat73 said:

Thanks again.  I really wasn't 100 percent that it was a Pelt for a long time.  I have a handful kind of like that one that is hard to tell if they are really Pelts or not.  Think you could take a look for me?

Post up Adam, please in the I.D. section, many many eyes will see them there

1 hour ago, browncat73 said:

Thanks again.  I really wasn't 100 percent that it was a Pelt for a long time.  I have a handful kind of like that one that is hard to tell if they are really Pelts or not.  Think you could take a look for me?

They are Pelt's. The last, Yellow may look like a Marbled King, which BTW an MK yellow patch and ribbon are really! hard to find but, sorry it is not.

You can see across the yellow ribbon it's not solid and it's thinning across the typical dual lines in the same way many Peltier Sunsets do. . 

3 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

They are Pelt's. The last, Yellow may look like a Marbled King, which BTW an MK yellow patch and ribbon are really! hard to find but, sorry it is not.

You can see across the yellow ribbon it's not solid and it's thinning across the typical dual lines in the same way many Peltier Sunsets do. . 

BTW   @browncat73 I have that big yellow Peltier in my loose pile too.

And I almost forgot I'd found an older photo of a Peltier bag, I've had for years. I was going to take a better photo but, somehow, I've misplaced the bag last week. Yet, still my camera is junky. However, could not find bag because I wanted to verify the colors in photo so, old photo it is:

A 60's bag Big Boy's and quite unique.

Reminds me of a 60's TV commercial of a Fruit punch. Tuty-Fruity? Haywain Fruit Punch?

Fruity Peltier's. the best on bottom 2nd best  next to it. The colors: Lemon,-yellow, Orange- orange,, Purple Grape, Chery red, Lime Green  and think one on top has a Blue for berry. 

It's an all in one, some kind of special run using the fruity colors. I picked the best most colorful single marble of around 10 bags.  At Amana years ago: 

1183327388_fruityBigBoybag.jpg.8e926645aae50c8a61f27887172f974b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Award 1

14 hours ago, browncat73 said:

@Jeff54 Wow, that bag is awesome.  You go††a find i†!  I really would like †o see a good photo of those marbles.  Terific.  Thanks for †he share.  BTW i'd say maybe Fruity Pebbles as †he promo bu†, i'm not sure †hose go back that far.

Whelp, sorry to say but, that photo could use higher graphics which may help to clarify, 'May'. However, as many Peltier bags tend to do is, have a bit of powder inside so, unless bag is opened then... I carefully positioned the two best better angles there so, probably not going to see more. Although I'd like to get better; I'm not opening the bag. 🥴🤭 

I have seen the white powder looking build up in some plastic bags. What is this substance ? Was it added with the marbles. The worst I have seen are plastic bags of Masters. Nola and myself attended a marble auction in OH a few years back. There were cases and cases of Master marbles. Some were cases of plastic bagged Masters. Some were twenty five pound boxes of loose large 7/8 inch Masters. Every case, box and plastic bag, was coated all over with the white powder. If you picked up a handful of the large loose ones, you could not see what color they were because of the white powder. But with a little rubbing the powder would come off. Packaged Master marbles are loaded with this powder.   Why ? What is it ? It feels a little larger or more grit than most body powder. It is not as snow white as body powder.  I have never seen it used with some companies.    

On 8/25/2022 at 8:11 PM, wvrons said:

I have seen the white powder looking build up in some plastic bags. What is this substance ? Was it added with the marbles. The worst I have seen are plastic bags of Masters. Nola and myself attended a marble auction in OH a few years back. There were cases and cases of Master marbles. Some were cases of plastic bagged Masters. Some were twenty five pound boxes of loose large 7/8 inch Masters. Every case, box and plastic bag, was coated all over with the white powder. If you picked up a handful of the large loose ones, you could not see what color they were because of the white powder. But with a little rubbing the powder would come off. Packaged Master marbles are loaded with this powder.   Why ? What is it ? It feels a little larger or more grit than most body powder. It is not as snow white as body powder.  I have never seen it used with some companies.    

Ron,

I believe you are seeing the poly bag deteriorating from oxidation.  The outside of the bag gets handled and the oxidized plastic dust gets knocked off. The dust inside the bag is contained, with nowhere to go.

Newer polymers have additives to reduce oxidation.  Vintage plastic, not so much.

I suspect the differences one will find between marble companies is based on who was their supplier and the purchase price or quality of the bagging material.

Those vintage bags are on a slow death march, but they will still outlast us both!

-John

• Like 2