Vitro? Any name to it?

Marbleized

Finally hit the bottom of the jar I just purchased. This was sitting with the game marbles. Really cool. I'm thinking Vitro because it looks like those Cosmos types with all the strands. But I didn't see any in all the sites that I searched that had this dark blue stripe and the blue tinted base. Help needed. Thanks!

Vitro? 1.jpeg

Vitro? 2.jpeg

Vitro? 6.jpeg

Vitro? 5.jpeg

Vitro? 4.jpeg

Vitro? 3.jpeg

Vitro? 7.jpeg

Vitro? 8.jpg

The West Virginia Marble Collectors Club makes reference, with pictures, of a marble called a Cosmic Rainbow. With many variations. That's what I was going by. I was only guessing anyway, but some clarification would be great. Thanks!

Just now, William said:

The West Virginia Marble Collectors Club makes reference, with pictures, of a marble called a Cosmic Rainbow. With many variations. That's what I was going by. I was only guessing anyway, but some clarification would be great. Thanks!

And it's listed under Vitro apparently?

2 hours ago, William said:

At this site, under "Vitro Agate Company", they have 4 pics (listed Individually that are referred to as Cosmic Rainbows. 3 of the 4 pictured are a bit larger than yours. There is also a "group" shot of marbles that are being called Cosmic Rainbows, but the size of those in the picture isn't stated and the picture itself isn't very good. Like I said, I only guessed by comparison to what I saw. Don't know if they made them your size of 0.60, much less their "actual" name. Ron's says the Vitro Rainbow doesn't exist, but that Forum says they do. Wait and see. I'm sure this will be looked into 😊

2 hours ago, William said:

At this site, under "Vitro Agate Company", they have 4 pics (listed Individually that are referred to as Cosmic Rainbows. 3 of the 4 pictured are a bit larger than yours. There is also a "group" shot of marbles that are being called Cosmic Rainbows, but the size of those in the picture isn't stated and the picture itself isn't very good. Like I said, I only guessed by comparison to what I saw. Don't know if they made them your size of 0.60, much less their "actual" name. Ron's says the Vitro Rainbow doesn't exist, but that Forum says they do. Wait and see. I'm sure this will be looked into 😊

I believe its just" cosmic rainbow" one mib like a wedding cake 

M.K has a Rainbow style

Peltier has the Rainbo style ...

From my understanding but I'm still learning every day :evil-grin-smileys-111:

I was misleading with my post above. Vitro does have one type of marble named Cosmic Rainbows. But they look nothing like your marble. They are clear base with lots of clear showing and thin bright colors most swirl inside and out to the surface. Marble King Rainbows refer to a large amount of MK marbles.  As does Peltier Rainbo. I should have took my time and explained it better. Sorry about causing the confusion. 

• Like 1

No apologies, Ron! If anything, thank you so much for taking the time to look into it....a few of the smaller marbles in the group shot, it was tough for  me to tell if the base glass was clear or not, but it's easy to see on most of them that it is clear glass. Still learning myself, I took a stab at it. Appreciate the clarification on the Vitro Cosmic 😊👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marbleized said:

Yes, 100% appreciate all the experts like Wvrons actually take the time to look at even marbles posted by novices like me in the name of education! Thank you all!

Yep! I remember him saying that an individual can study many days a week, hours each day, for years and still be lucky to identify 60%-70% of what they see. That's just an idea of how much is really out there! Love this stuff 😊

• Like 1