Photography is like marbe collecting...

bumblebee

...you want pristine and special, but so often the glory is ruined by damage, or in my case, blurry focus.

Spent 20 minutes trying to capture young Harlequin duck shooting the rapids and finally had my shot but it came out in NM- condition (or worse). Still, you can tell what a beauty it might have been. ;)

image.png

On 8/26/2021 at 4:38 PM, bumblebee said:

...you want pristine and special, but so often the glory is ruined by damage, or in my case, blurry focus.

Spent 20 minutes trying to capture young Harlequin duck shooting the rapids and finally had my shot but it came out in NM- condition (or worse). Still, you can tell what a beauty it might have been. ;)

image.png

I hear you, it's a really nice pic but, man, it could have been glorious! You were sooooooo close!

On 8/26/2021 at 4:38 PM, bumblebee said:

image.png

Very cool shot! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm nowhere near a great photographer, only camera I own is a digital 12 year old Samsung. All I have is this Android phone with limited zoom capabilities. But, I had to share this once in a lifetime moment and this seemed like the thread too do it on. We were in the middle yard this afternoon, spending the day getting some outside chores done. We are avid bird watchers and have 3 feeders, 4 different hanging cages for suet, seed cakes, etc., and 2 Hummingbird feeders. All of which are inside the fenced in middle yard. In the Southeast corner we have a 2 pronged Shepherd's hook with a feeder and watering station, which Patty calls the "Cafe". Today, a very large group of Chickadees and Sparrows were there and too our amazement, we saw an "Albino"! Man, one in a million moment  indeed! The pics aren't great, but in one when they are on the ground it sure stands out! 

20210905_154842.jpg

20210905_145223.jpg

20210905_145205.jpg

20210905_145122.jpg

20210905_145109.jpg

• Like 1