MK?

Marbleized

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I'd say there is a good possibility it's MK, and I find it kind of neat, but not too surprising, that even single color game marbles will often show seams and patterns that are typical of their makers.

I have a green one like that too. Thanks for the input!

Until you really look at gamers with the intent to discover, you are missing out for sure.

I have had Master Marble game boxes, Vitro Agate game boxes, Akro Agate Game boxes and a few others as well. They are really worth the time to inspect. I have found a number of 5/8" Akro Flinties in game boxes. Finding a true box of gamers is always a treat--they are not all the same--shine a light on them and discover!!

No Dull Marbles--On and Marble--On as well!!!

• Like 1

A so named Alley "monochrome"  gaming marble with the unmistakable Alley flame like construction (9/16ths I believe ??) a very bright light and careful scrutiny pays sometimes !! I also found a few Flinties and 3 Akro Bricks looking through half a 5 gallon bucket of someone else's throwaways. I filled up many of my Aunts and Uncles Chinese checkers & Aggravation game boards, so passing on the joy of marbles !! I kept them all in case someone else needed any replacements (including yours truly) I always give everything a 2nd,  3rd or 4th look & then still save it for at least a little while.

56.PNG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

A so called "monochrome" Alley gaming marble with the unmistakable Alley flame like construction, a very bright light and careful scrutiny pays sometimes !! I also found a few Flinties and 3 Akro Bricks looking through half a 5 gallon bucket of someone else's throwaways. I filled up many of my Aunts and Uncles Chinese checkers & Aggravation game boards, so passing on the joy of marbles !! I kept them all in case someone else needed any replacements (including yours truly)

56.PNG

Didn't know Alley had game marbles. Always learning something new. 

14 minutes ago, Marbleized said:

Didn't know Alley had game marbles. Always learning something new. 

Almost every manufacturer either started making or made game marbles at some point, I wasn't wise to it either until I got into a discussion with Ron or Chuck G., I can't remember who ?? But it was a surprise to me as well. Makes sense, gaming was at some point very popular so be it the marble companies followed suit. Ah now I remember, the discussion was over this very marble, still can't remember with who though ?? maybe both ?? oldtimers kickin in.

• Like 1

The only thing that I have ever sold and regretted selling was a large edition of the Master Marble game set--very close to mint with all of the original marbles. It went out west and the buyer was very happy with it (it is still probably in the condition that I sold it as). I looked at all of the marbles one by one and they were all Master Marbles without a doubt.

Game marbles are able to be identified for sure---who cares---well,---- I do and that is enough for me ---and me always counts.

Me--On and Marble--On for sure!!!

• Like 1

L. E. Alley while at Pennsboro had cardboard in the bottom of his shoes to cover the holes. There were months that he could not make payroll for the employees. But they all stayed working for him with faith that he would make enough to pay them in the future. Then Jack Pressman came to Alley for Chinese Checker marbles. In no time Alley paid all the employees their back pay and extra. Not long and he had to move to St.Marys WV for a much larger building and many more machines to make game marbles. He could not keep up with the orders. The first  marble machine at St.Marys in late 1936 was making 125,000 marbles per day. Ten machines which Alley later had, could produce five million marbles in two days. Local newspaper reported that 750,000 marbles per day were made at St.Marys in 1937 with four machines. In 1938 they were making 2 million marbles per day. In 1940 National Geographic reported that the Alley marble factory in St.Marys WV "can turn out 2,625,000 marbles a day".  This factory shipped 14 million Chinese Checker marbles in six days. Yes Alley made Chinese Checker marbles. These are that marbles that put Alley over the top and in the plus column for life. Due to health issues the St.Marys factory and all contents were sold  June 1, 1949  to Berry Pink and Sellers Peltier the son of Victor Peltier(founded Peltier Co.) . Which became Marble King corp. June 24,1949. Who also produced Chinese checker marbles. January 1958 a fire destroyed the factory at St.Marys WV. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, wvrons said:

L. E. Alley while at Pennsboro had cardboard in the bottom of his shoes to cover the holes. There were months that he could not make payroll for the employees. But they all stayed working for him with faith that he would make enough to pay them in the future. Then Jack Pressman came to Alley for Chinese Checker marbles. In no time Alley paid all the employees their back pay and extra. Not long and he had to move to St.Marys WV for a much larger building and many more machines to make game marbles. He could not keep up with the orders. The first  marble machine at St.Marys in late 1936 was making 125,000 marbles per day. Ten machines which Alley later had, could produce five million marbles in two days. Local newspaper reported that 750,000 marbles per day were made at St.Marys in 1937 with four machines. In 1938 they were making 2 million marbles per day. In 1940 National Geographic reported that the Alley marble factory in St.Marys WV "can turn out 2,625,000 marbles a day".  This factory shipped 14 million Chinese Checker marbles in six days. Yes Alley made Chinese Checker marbles. These are that marbles that put Alley over the top and in the plus column for life. Due to health issues the St.Marys factory and all contents were sold  June 1, 1949  to Berry Pink and Sellers Peltier the son of Victor Peltier(founded Peltier Co.) . Which became Marble King corp. June 24,1949. Who also produced Chinese checker marbles. January 1958 a fire destroyed the factory at St.Marys WV. 

Love all the history! Thanks for sharing WVRons!