Going Digging

William

Excited to say that my first planned dig is slated for next Spring in Central Iowa...We're teaming up with another couple who have been too this secluded, undisturbed area a couple times this year. Old marbles, toys, tools, bottles, you name it, it's there. And they've barely scratched the surface. They hit a couple of "veins" this year that produced some nice stuff this year. I picked up a handful of some of the dug mibs he found, and I am so ready for Spring! These are 3 pics of some of the mibs I got today that they dug there. Man, I haven't dug for this kind of fun for years, looking forward to it.

16350281243575205938702469636276.jpg

16350281782057830533641276676759.jpg

16350282805428590390434382071884.jpg

• Like 3

All digs are good unless it is 98F or 10F degrees, a snake every half hour, heavy rain, bees, a foot or leg in a cast, and more. 1000 marbles are better than one. But most digs are good no matter what you find or how much. I turned down a dig for marbles today.  But I have done it every year, sometimes a hundred days a year, for the last 20-25 years, in three states. 

Good luck !   

Like I said, it's been a long time. Haven't done anything like this since I lived in Florida. The only digging too my credit the last 20+ years has been gardening! I do love the outdoors so I'll be as prepared as I can be. Got a long wait ahead of me! Patty has been a camper her whole life so she'll be prepared also. It's only going to be for 1 day then probably stay overnight at a motel. Since the exact weekend isn't chosen as of yet, we'll hopefully have the luxury of choosing one with decent weather conditions. Thanks for the comments, my friends!

2 minutes ago, Steph said:

I saw why the pearlized patch was hoped for from the group photo.  I think it's a moss agate though.

It's definitely a cool variety that was found. About half were found inside a disintegrated tin can, the rest in various spots close by.

• Like 1