A new cateye book?

akroorka

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 1:40 PM, Al Oregon said:

Have not received mine.  Messaged the seller and he is going to send another.   He said first one was shipped on the 17th but tracking shows it leaving from a post office that closed 10 years ago so....?

Al,

It took awhile to get mine and I ordered it a few days before I posted this subject.

Yes Tommy,

I have a few for sale as well🤑. Nice images. Prices of the distant future perhaps.

Marble--On!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dave 13 said:

i’ve being seeing some MK and japan cats selling on Ebay for crazy prices lately good to see them getting some attention i wonder if Squid games had anything to do with it :fighting-547:  lol 

I was also looking at past sales on fleabay… the more rare-color caged cats are bringing good money!! Just found 30 for $6 in a jar at a local antique store I have ignored for years. 6 are purple…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393514442910?hash=item5b9f49e09e:g:ODYAAOSwsmJhHAVO

• Like 2

The supply of 1930's marbles is dwindling.

Cat's eyes are more accessible  ... and more familiar to people, nostalgically speaking.    And there are forums dedicated to them, which has to raise interest.

Maybe this is a flash in the pan and sellers need to dump while the getting is good.  But maybe their time is come. 

In 50 years, the "vintage marbles" will be the Vacors being rolled out now.  

• Like 4

I received my copy of the book.  Good 32+ page book by a cat's-eye collector who wanted to put some information out there for cat's-eye collectors.  He has some values in the book that he picked up from online, eBay, and probably Larry Knudsen - who is knowledgeable but a little high (IMHO) on marble valuations.  Does not have company histories but goes through the varieties of cat's-eyes with good pictures and a variety.  Here are a couple of pictures.  Sorry for the "cutoffs" - book was just a little bigger than my scanner when opened to two pages.   I would recommend the book - the $9.99 price included shipping so can't beat that.

A - Cat's-eye Marbles, An Armchair Reference - 01.jpg

A - Cat's-eye Marbles, An Armchair Reference - 02.jpg

A - Cat's-eye Marbles, An Armchair Reference - 03.jpg

A - Cat's-eye Marbles, An Armchair Reference - 04.jpg

• Like 1
  • Award 1