Your Sunday Best !!

Chad G.

Well I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn’t hurt. And the marbles I had for breakfast wasn’t bad so I had one more for dessert. I’d call this one desert, wouldn’t you ? LOL IMG_0193.thumb.jpeg.ed17b990cfcc47d7c8ee427277a43ca7.jpegIMG_0192.thumb.jpeg.91fc2b922f50f0d19be25986810ebc60.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, B-rett66 said:

Well I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn’t hurt. And the marbles I had for breakfast wasn’t bad so I had one more for dessert. I’d call this one desert, wouldn’t you ? LOL IMG_0193.thumb.jpeg.ed17b990cfcc47d7c8ee427277a43ca7.jpegIMG_0192.thumb.jpeg.91fc2b922f50f0d19be25986810ebc60.jpeg

It all depends on what side of the table it's on. It tasty 😋 

4 hours ago, Shamrock Marbles said:

Gerry Colman?

Did you buy these artist direct or through another channel?

The Polar end shots are great, but the side views tell the whole story.

Lovely photos as usual. Thank you.

I purchased all of them back in the Day that Gerry was making them.  Most were through an well-known intermediary who sold only contemporaries.  Knowing what was involved in making them, its not surprising that Gerry stopped making them.  They are quite labor-intensive.  You are right that maintaining symmetry during the first and last stages had to be fairly tricky.

GagewG.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Award 2

1 hour ago, Alan said:

I purchased all of them back in the Day that Gerry was making them.  Most were through an well-known intermediary who sold only contemporaries.  Knowing what was involved in making them, its not surprising that Gerry stopped making them.  They are quite labor-intensive.  You are right that maintaining symmetry during the first and last stages had to be fairly tricky.

GagewG.jpg

Lovely.  Funny, that Gerry didn’t need to sign these.  Pretty much you knew who made it by looking at it.

I always wondered if he made his millefiori cane or bought from Moretti.

Back in the day, Gerry made a VHS of how to make marbles.  I think I have a copy buried somewhere.  I don’t think he covered how these particular marbles were constructed.

True pocket art that will need to be rediscovered by another generation.  Kind of like Bill Murray (Cape Cod Glass) marbles.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...