Estate find

alkare

I see a Peltier, possibly a "ruby bee, depending on if it contains aventurine or not, possibly some good Akros too. "Condition" is  always # 1  I see a lot of ware, fleabites, missing glass, hits etc.  in fact I can't see any without ware. To get a more accurate look you'll have to get closer and take multiple views of the same marble to check condition and make an accurate I.D. One good marble can pay for the entire group "or not" Only one way to tell. No way to get any kind of idea from your pix, I wish it was quicker for ya !!

Suspected "Peltier NLR Ruby Bee"

image.png.84728c630f3b6978b4e54380c1e64aff.png

First, take that steelie out of the group.   Marble collectors cringe to see the metal near the glass.  

Next, if you can sort out the ones that don't have nicks or wear, you might want to sell those separately from those that have more wear.  

Learning to grade the condition of marbles and to identify them by maker are both skills which take a long time.  But if you can at least learn to grade condition enough to separate out any mint or nearly mint ones, you might be able to get bigger dollars on those.

And then whatever you got on the leftovers could be bonus.  

Just a thought.  

Selling marbles can be an inconsistent game.  Especially if it's not someone's specialty.

12 hours ago, Steph said:

First, take that steelie out of the group.   Marble collectors cringe to see the metal near the glass.  

Next, if you can sort out the ones that don't have nicks or wear, you might want to sell those separately from those that have more wear.  

Learning to grade the condition of marbles and to identify them by maker are both skills which take a long time.  But if you can at least learn to grade condition enough to separate out any mint or nearly mint ones, you might be able to get bigger dollars on those.

And then whatever you got on the leftovers could be bonus.  

Just a thought.  

Selling marbles can be an inconsistent game.  Especially if it's not someone's specialty.

Can you give me some names of what you see of the cleaned up batch?

Good luck!

55 plus Vintage Marbles Pelts, Arkos etc... Plus 28 damaged. | eBay

When you ship them, remember to pack them in a way where they are cushioned and won't rattle around and hit each other during their travels.  So that they arrive to their destination in the same condition that they started out in.  :thup: 

On 12/5/2021 at 9:53 AM, I'llhavethat1 said:

There are a couple nice Pelts, and some nice Akros.  If unsure on specific types or grading, maybe consider selling on this board or consigning the group to someone, either to sell in multiples or individually.

...or, put them on eBay!  That works too.  I think you'll do fine with that listing :)

21 hours ago, Steph said:

Good luck!

55 plus Vintage Marbles Pelts, Arkos etc... Plus 28 damaged. | eBay

When you ship them, remember to pack them in a way where they are cushioned and won't rattle around and hit each other during their travels.  So that they arrive to their destination in the same condition that they started out in.  :thup: 

What is the best way to ship them? Rolled up in small groups with bubble wrap?