Purple and White Pelt Rainbo

Fire1981

Peltier, (did) have purple glass from what i have found. Your example looks to be Peltier in my opinion. This is the reason, i have one also that i do question it being Peltier or Vitro. Why because we all know that purple glass in Vitro was quite frequent. Purple slags in Peltier is less than the other slag colors it seems. Overall in Peltier for this purple color in their examples are sum what (less). You have a fine example, a keeper for me i would say. This (separated) color of purple that lies (away) from the other colors is GOOD. Your example shows this, as well as my example. (For me), others may disagree, but the "Copperhead" example has this purple and blue in it. Finding purple in Peltier is always good, but finding purple and blue together in an example is even better. There are so (MANY) variants in all of their production, you will never find them all and after 48 years i have not, because i find more and more all the time. Keep looking, it is FUN.  Chuck G---

• Award 1

Steph, good thoughts to this but by (description) of a Peltier "Plum Citrus". A translucent base glass with four ribbons of opaque yellow ribbons and possible white added, with two purple transparent ribbons on opposite poles on the top and  bottom.  Marblealan used to say that the colored transparent ribbons reminded him of (jelly). Some collectors may disagree because you can take this "Citrus" family in many many directions. (For me) i like seeing at least two to six ribbons of (yellow) opaque glass in the example. Thinking Citrus, as the colors of (fruit). This is my (opinion) on this subject.  Chuck G---

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chuck G said:

Steph, good thoughts to this but by (description) of a Peltier "Plum Citrus". A translucent base glass with four ribbons of opaque yellow ribbons and possible white added, with two purple transparent ribbons on opposite poles on the top and  bottom.  Marblealan used to say that the colored transparent ribbons reminded him of (jelly). Some collectors may disagree because you can take this "Citrus" family in many many directions. (For me) i like seeing at least two to six ribbons of (yellow) opaque glass in the example. Thinking Citrus, as the colors of (fruit). This is my (opinion) on this subject.  Chuck G---

I certainly didn't mean to imply Rick's marble was a Citrus.

I was just brainstorming Pelts with purple.

I've also seen some opaque no-name Rainbos with purple but that's a very vague claim so I didn't mention it and just mentioned the Citrus. 

• Like 1